The Beginning of War

Rimuru POV

Well that was fairly easy...

I watched on the screen as the tanks crossed the line that Testarossa had made.

"To think he would actually destroy one tank before they crossed that line... It's pretty Kalpas-like." MEI commented with a small sigh

"I'm not even surprised anymore..." Beni groaned

I then turned to Ramiris, "Could you please evacuate the town now, Ramiris?"

"Roger that! Just leave it to Ramiris-san!"

The Capital City Elysium was teleported into the labyrinth without a single sound. It was done at the last minute to make us look like we were clueless, but now that the tanks have crossed the line, we didn't have to pretend anymore.

"Oh, right. Treyni-chan left a message. She said that she felt a suspicious presence and decided to meet them in person." Ramiris suddenly informed me

"Eh? Do you know who it is?" I asked

"I'm not sure... Elle-chan said that she would keep a lookout for her though." Ramiris answered

If Elle's with Treyni-san, then I shouldn't need to worry. If anything happens, I can always head there immediately if they need any help. Plus, it's Treyni-san, so I shouldn't need to worry too much.

"Souei, what will we do with the intruders?"

"There is no problem. As previously discussed, we only have to focus on the large gate that appears aboveground." Souei assures me

Floors 91 to 95 were switched with Floors 96 to 100 and the entire town has been put into the temporary Floor 101, at the bottom of the labyrinth. To even get this far, you would need to defeat Veldora. The last line of defense would be Floor 95, where he would be patiently waiting. Behind him would be the Control Room where we were in. If they somehow manage to defeat Veldora, we would be here to buy time for the town to be ejected from the labyrinth and let the residents evacuate the town, but that would only be for a last resort. Our preparations are done here and we have already informed our neighboring nations about the Empire's movements, so I refocused my attention on the battlefield. The tank guns were moving with intentions to be fired at any time.

"It would be dangerous if they landed a hit, but there won't be any need to fret." Beni assured me without missing a single beat

He uses his Unique Skill <Born Leader> to give orders to the First and Third Corps and the Tempest forces begin moving at once. The Green Numbers were advancing cautiously toward the enemy's rear using the trees as covers, being careful to not get the enemy's attention. 100 Hiryuu and 300 Wyvern Riders from Gabiru's corps took to the skies to launch aerial attacks on the slow moving tanks, but the enemies also had flight units, so it would become a heated battle once those appeared. Gobta's troop, the Goblin Riders, were the closest to the enemy's forces. They could be aiming for the tank guns from the way I saw their movements.

<Report. Based on calculations from the orientation and angle of the tank guns, their aim is accurate. It appears they know the exact position of the Goblin Riders hiding in the trees.>

"Hm... Looks like the enemies can somehow detect the presence of the Goblin Riders." I informed Beni

"Understood. I thought that might be a possibility, which is why I told Gobta and the other Goblin Riders to act as the vanguard."

Gobta's face was pale after reuniting with his troop. It wasn't that he was afraid of the tanks. He probably figured out that something was different about Testarossa after witnessing her power, but more than that, Kalpas was also someone that he always kept high alert around. Then, 20 shells were fired.