The Interviews Pt.2

Rimuru POV

It was after lunchtime and Shion was the next person to be interviewed.

"Rimuru-sama, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting! It's finally my turn!"

I returned a smile and nodded as I checked her status once she sat down.

Name: Shion [EP: 4,229,140 (+ Hercules Deluxe 1.08 million)]

Race: Divine Fighter. Greater Chaos Spirit: Battle Spirit Oni

Blessing: Rimuru's Blessing

Title: War Lord

Technique: <Divine Battlewill>

Skill:
Unique Skill <Master Chef>

Resistance: <Physical Attack Nullification>, <Abnormal Condition Nullification>, <Mental Attack Nullification>, <Natural Effects Nullification>, <Holy-Demonic Attack Resistance>

According to Ciel's explanation, Shion's strength didn't depend on her Skills. Her weapon was mythical-grade, so even if she didn't have an Ultimate Skill, she can still cause harm to an Ultimate Skill holder. She even had <Infinite Regeneration>, so a battle of endurance to wait for her magicule to deplete would be a bad idea. Even her resistances were perfect so her enemies would have to fight her head-on.

"You really have gotten stronger, Shion-chan!" I praised her

She giggles giddily, "Hehe, it's embarrassing but I'm so grateful for the compliment!"

But... Why is she the only one with a Unique Skill? The others have Ultimate Skills... Did she reject you, Ciel?

<No. Shion possesses massive potential, so she was carefully assessed. The Unique Skill <<Master Chef>> is also very powerful, so I think it is enough to do nothing.>

... Ciel, could it be... You're hesitating to make any changes to Shion-chan's skills?

<... That's correct.>

Oh, I see... Do you want to tell me the reason?

<Well...>

I shrugged it off after hearing her hesitation, It's okay, just tell me whenever you're ready to!

<Oh! Yes, Master!>

I had a pleasant chat with Shion after checking her status. She had been active in the battle against the Imperial Army and I praised her while she boasted about her efforts against the Single Digit she had fought.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you, but I ran into a depressed Masayuki in the cafeteria. He seemed to be troubled about something, so I told him to consult with Rimuru-sama about it!" Shion suddenly told me with a happy smile

"Huh?!"

From what I knew, Velgrynd leapt through dimensions to search for Rudra. Plus, Rudra and Masayuki looked alike, so I had the feeling that there might be a connection since Ciel had said that the fragments we saw back then were simply fragments and not the main soul. So maybe Masayuki was Rudra's reincarnation. Also, I did give them time to discuss but if it's being settled sooner than I think...

"I'll set up a date to meet with them then." I finally said

Shion clapped her hands cheerfully, "Oh, that's perfect then! I already set up a meeting first thing early tomorrow morning!"

Eh?! She already... I still have a few more interviews and then there's the problem with King Gazel... Oh, Shion-chan...!

"T-Then help me tell Rigurd and Beni to prepare themselves!"