Progress of the Children

Rimuru POV

Now that I have some free time thanks to the newly recruited Demons, I decided to visit the newly constructed school. It was also the school where the children from Ingracia were studying alongside Griseo. But the school doesn't accommodate just children, it also allows adults to learn writing and some mathematics.

I wonder if Griseo is getting along well with everyone... Aponia said that she is happier these days so she must be having fun there!

"You stinky boys! Stop playing all the time and help clean up the classroom!" I hear Alice's voice from behind the classroom door the moment I had arrived

"Huh? Why do I have to bother with that-"

"Wait, Ken-chan! We will be in a world of hurt if we make Alice angry!"

"Shut up, Ryota! I'm gonna beat Alice and become the real boss around here!"

Oh my, that's definitely a kids' quarrel. Hm... Now that I think about it, Kenya-kun seems to like to tease and make Alice-chan angry. Ah, is that how it is~? The boy must be trying to get her attention! What a youthful approach! But I suppose kids are still kids and they don't understand it yet.

"Didn't I say this already? I'll show you how scary I really am!" Alice yells

Ah... Of course it would end up that way...

"Oi, who do you think will win today?"

"Of course it'll be the Empress."

"I suppose so. She's our Empress, the youngest and the strongest. While Kenya is strong too, he's no match for her."

"It's because he's in love with Alice, that's why he can't win." Gale added to the other children inside the classroom

"Oi, Gale! Don't talk nonsense!" Kenya shouted

"That's right! How could Kenya have a crush on me? Is your brain fried or something?" Alice laughs it off

As much as it is entertaining to watch, Hinata will be coming by soon, so I can't let this go on for much longer.

Concluding those thoughts, I opened the classroom door to face the two children.

"Alright now! No fighting in the classroom!" I chided them

I reached my arm out to the sneaking Chloe, who had been waiting for me to enter beside the classroom door. Seeing this, she immediately jumps to hug me.

"Sensei!"

"Hi, Chloe-chan!"

She hid her aura really well. I wouldn't have noticed if I was only concentrated on Kenya-kun and Alice-chan. She must have grown really strong!

"Ah, Rimuru-sensei?! Chloe, that's cheating and... and cunning!" Alice exclaims as she similarly ran up to hug me

Then, a cute girl with a bob haircut emerged from behind them, looking to be of the same age as Alice. Her most eye-catching features were her fox ears.

"Rimuru-sama, long time no see!"

... Huh? Could this one be...

"Are you Kumara?" I asked the girl

She nodded energetically, "It is me!"

How cute~! I did put her under Hinata's care too, but she seemed to have gotten stronger as well!

"Eh, Rimuru-sensei has come-"

The boys were a little slower to notice me and were about to greet me, but they were quickly cut off by the other children in the room.