Emergency Meeting at Midnight

Rimuru POV

The time was now midnight and I had called for an emergency meeting with my executives. The Flame-chasers were here too, as usual, excluding Kosma and Griseo, who were being cared for by Keith.

"I'm sorry I summoned everyone this late. I know everyone must be very tired but please hold on for a little while longer. First, Shuna-chan, Sakura, Kalpas, thank you for today. The food was incredibly delicious and you even let such a talented Stella take part in this too."

"That is too kind of you, my Lady. It's all thanks to Yoshida-san, Sakura-san and Kalpas-san's help as well that the meals are a success. Moreover, Rimuru-sama couldn't stop complimenting Hakurou's fresh sashimi. I was quite troubled and felt that my culinary skills weren't as good."

I gave her head a light pat as she accepted my thanks. Although Grandpa Hakurou does indeed have great culinary skills, Shuna was the same and she works hard for it. That deserves many praises.

"But the credit should go to Rimuru-sama as well. You have managed to help Milim-sama convince that hard-headed Middray-dono." Beni says as I groaned a little at the memory

"I still cannot believe I became angry like that..." I let out a whine, my cheeks burning up

"Wow, that guy must have been something. I would have loved to witness him being shut up for once." Kalpas scoffs with slight sarcasm in his voice

I'm guessing he'd seen everything when interacting with the Dragon Worshippers. I'm surprised he didn't even question Middray about it.

"Now... Mollie, were there any issues with the merchants?" I asked, turning my attention to Mjollmile

"The merchants gave very positive feedback. They were all astounded by the majesty of our nation. The food provided by our residents tonight also made a great impression on them. Many farmers from the neighboring countries also visited us. It was an unprecedented sight to behold. The goods presented by the merchants were mostly of high quality, so hopefully, we can stay on good terms with them in the future."

Mjollmile then turns to Rigurd as he nods in response, "Indeed, as Mjollmile-san mentioned, there have been many goods, such as fresh vegetables, fruits, dried meat, dried fish, as well as precious artifacts gathered here. Not to mention, some even brought livestock, so the preparation for the celebration is waterproof at this point."

"We're planning to start using these imported goods as food ingredients for the nightly gala from tomorrow onwards." Ririna adds

I nod after hearing their words, "Mm, so there shouldn't be any problem."

"Yes, there shouldn't be any problem. It's just that-" Mjollmile pauses before waving it off, "No, there shouldn't be a problem."

I stared at him incredulously after hearing that, "Mollie? What's wrong? Please don't hold back and tell me if something is wrong."

Beni and Souei agreed to my words and with that added pressure, Mjollmile finally talks.

"Perhaps I'm just worrying too much, but the vendors that came with the well-known merchants were all unfamiliar faces. Despite the impression I may give to others, memorizing people's faces is my specialty, so that really caught my attention. That's why I had it looked into, so there shouldn't be any problems. I've been too excited taking the important responsibility that even I am a bit on the edge."

I did hear that his workload has been increasing...

"Are you feeling okay? You won't fall ill from overworking, right?" I asked with concern