Discipline

A message recorded days before:

Rimuru stood in front of the recording, looking at it closely.

"Is this working, Shion-chan?"

"Yes, you're being recorded right now, Rimuru-sama!"

"Mm! Thank you!"

Straightening her posture, she addresses the person who would receive this message.

"Hi, Hinata! I haven't seen you ever since that day. How have you been? I am Rimuru Tempest, Chancellor of the Jura Tempest Federation. Jeez! You did not even listen to a single thing I said back then and almost got me into big trouble!" Rimuru pouts before returning to her cheerful self in the next moment, "It's not like I don't understand how you feel back then, though. Monsters are purely evil in the eyes of the Western Saints Church. That's why if I have to negotiate with you, then I would like to do it in this form. I want to make sure I can properly tell you Shizue's story. I also want to build a relationship between Tempest and Lubelius whilst respecting each other's viewpoints. Maybe we can schedule a meeting for that! I hope to hear a reply from you if you're willing to listen to me, but I'll be sad if it's not possible, and I will have to accept it as it is. At least, I want this to be settled so that we don't trouble anyone else."

With a small sigh, Rimuru then looks directly at the recording orb.

"So let's fight, just you and me against each other." She declares and smiles again, "I say that, but all I really want is to be able to settle this through dialogue! I'm expecting a positive response, so please consider my offer carefully! I would never want to fight a pretty lady such as yourself again! So until then, Hinata!"

...

Rimuru POV

Everything had been planned by the Seven Luminaries. When Adalman told me about them, I should have thought this far. The message...

It was compromised by them and I believe it was for a simple reason. They hate our possible coexistence and they want to get rid of Hinata as well.

"The affairs of the Church are none of my business, but this is my territory and I make the last decisions here as a Demon Lord. I will not let Hinata die, not when we've finally settled our differences." I declared

"We cannot allow that. That woman is a sinner. She is a rebel who, despite her status as a Saint, defies the will of God Luminas." One of the two Luminaries explains

"Please wait! Hinata-sama had an idea in mind-"

A voice interrupts Arnaud, "Will you please stop?! How dare you fool me, Seven Luminary Clerics!"

A blond-haired man steps in with Shion beside him.

"Leonard!"

"You all approached me with the intention of eliminating Hinata-sama from the very start! If you have an explanation, then out with it! Depending on your answer, even if you are champions of old, I will be-"

The red-haired Knight beside him stabbed Leonard as he stared disbelievingly at him.

"G-Garde... You..."

Mei immediately leaps into action with her katana drawn at a lightning-fast speed as the Knight dodges, transforming into one of the Luminaries as he tosses the used spear aside.

"The use of military force is not a gentle endeavor, Demon Lord Rimuru. Do you wish to go to war with Lubelius?"

I was losing my patience, feeling Hinata's life almost leaving her completely in my arms. The feeling of being unable to do anything to save her, just like how I could not save Shizue's life or protect my people back then...