Saviors Pt. I

Eleanor Leywin

We were sitting in the council room, discussing the plan, and to be honest, I didn't like it. I wasn't going to complain, but it was true, the plan is basically sending the Lances to their execution.

"If they send more than just one Asura, I might be in trouble, but I'll do my best to take them all on." Damon told the council, cracking his neck. "Whenever they come, and whatever they want, it won't be handed to them easily." His red eyes seemed annoyed about something, but I didn't know what.

"We thank you, Damon." King Glayder said. "You may not be a human, but know that you are welcomed in Dicathen, we thank you for this great service, even though you have just met some of us."

"I'm doing this for you." Damon snapped at him. "I'll be the first line of defense, if I go down, then it'll be up to the Lances." I could see the King didn't like his comment, but didn't say anything else, he couldn't. "Commander, I can't say that I agree with putting the Lances in the bunker with me while I'm fighting, but if you think that's the best option, so be it."

"I do." Commander Virion told him. "If you are able to damage them severely, it'll give the Lances chances against the Asuras." I could see the reasoning behind his idea, but still, I thought it was a bad one. "The Asuras could be here any day now, all the groups have been made, the people have been standing by, it's up to them to make a move now."

"The witch will see it coming." Damon said, looking at Elder Rinia who was sitting comfortably in one of the seats. "Isn't that, right?" A witch? I could see that Elder Rinia didn't care for the word, she merely nodded her head. "I'm tired of sitting around." He was just like Veer; it was hilarious sometimes.

"Tessia, Curtis, Kathyln, Lilia, and Buhnd, you'll be leading your own groups." Commander Virion said, looking at the four. "Make sure you reach your destinations in time, then hide as best you can, Mica made arrangements so that you would be hidden from anyone."

"Unless they have blood magic." Damon said, chuckling in his seat. "It won't matter, if the asura gets into the tunnel, he'll destroy it to find people." He was probably right, but this was no time to strip away hope from people. "Ellie, you have the most important job."

"I know." I said, looking at him. "I have to turn on that portal you talked about with me." He nodded his head; I had no idea what this portal was. "It'll be the first thing I do." He told us, and me especially, that there would be a pleasant surprise waiting for me.

---

After some time passed, out of the blue, Elder Rinia spoke. "It's time." This caused all of us to flinch in confusion, looking around at one another. "They are on their way, today is the day." Why didn't she say anything earlier, everyone shot to their feet. "Virion, get them going."

His eyes were wide, and he flung his arms up at us. "Get going, you all know what you have to do." The Lances shot out the room first, the Kings and Queen went next, Buhnd, Kathyln and Curtis followed, leaving Tessia, Damon, and me with them. "Rinia?"

"I had to wait for the exact time to bring it up, Virion, you know how my powers work." Elder Rinia told him, and Damon, who was still sitting beside me stood up slowly, causing her to look at him. "Damon Leywin, our lives are in your hands."

"Tch." He cracked his neck like he usually did, his aura started to pour out of him as he left the council room by himself. Everyone was just standing in here now, everyone seemed a little worried, but who wouldn't be when the gods wanted to kill you.

"Tess, be careful." Commander Virion told her as the two exchanged a hug. "You are strong, there is nothing you need to prove, stay down, stay hidden, don't do anything unless you have too."