New Ability

Eleanor Leywin

Boo and I were walking down the road towards the laboratory. I was thinking about everything, Arthur sent word for me to meet him here. I was with my mom and dad, just was there, not doing anything, just supporting them in any way I can.

My mom has been laying in her bed, not crying, I think all her tears were gone. She's been dealing with everything as well as she could, she talks sometimes, but rarely, today she told me she felt sick, so I made her some soup with Lilia. I just couldn't believe Veer would do something like this again.

I didn't want to leave her, you know, make it harder on her, but I had to go with Arthur to Alacrya. It wasn't to just stop Veer, but it was to help the people over there and to take out Agrona. I wanted to help Arthur in any way I could, and if that means leaving, I would. I also get the chance to see Seris again, the person who has trained me.

We were leaving tomorrow, and I know that there were a very limited number of people going, maybe five to seven. The people on the streets bowed to me, giving me a smile, knowing who I was, sometimes I forget I'm a Lance. I don't act like one, but the people treat me like one, it's been a while since I did anything for them.

I could see Arthur up ahead with the asura known as Kordri, he had been traveling with Arthur as a bodyguard it seemed like, even if it wasn't the case. I don't hate him, or dislike him, but I can say since he served Kezess, I somewhat am disgusted by him. The other one named Wren, I only met once, and he was weird, I kind of just ignored him.

I haven't met Chul, but I heard of him, and from what I know, he is the only one who hasn't served Kezess. He was a phoenix which was pretty awesome to say the least, I was actually looking forward to seeing him.

I don't even know how we are going to do anything over there, what we are going to do. Arthur still was coming up with a plan, he had no idea how to handle Veer and Agrona, it seems like they have been planning something years in advance.

"What?" I said to Boo as I felt him nudge my arm on the side, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm only thinking and trying to prepare myself for what is to come." He shot me a look, and I smiled at him as we got closer to Arthur. "What? If we go over there, the chance is that we see Veer, I mean, I feel like it is inevitable."

I could feel my bond give me a mental head nod, and after that, we appeared right in front of my brother and the asura. "El, thanks for coming, I wanted to do this before we leave." He told me, looking at me, then at Boo. "Sorry, Boo, you won't be able to come inside."

I could feel the sadness from my bond as he sat down right in front of the laboratory, on the street, not seeming to care about the people around him. "Alright." I answered him, joining them as they started walking towards the doors. "But what is this all about?"

"I'll show you." Arthur told me. "It's a way for you to get stronger, El, I know you are already strong compared to the soldiers here, but this will give you an additional power." I just stared at him, somewhat confused on the meaning of it all. "I'll show you, just wait until we get there."

"Alright." I said, nodding my head as we entered, passing guards. I shot Kordri a look, and he seemed to notice, the asura had painting on him like that one named Taci did, and from what I heard, this one trained that one.

The mad scientist known as Gideon came shooting out into the hallway. "Ohh, Arthur, you brought here, yes, finally." He said, looking at me. "The staff is already to go, Aya was already here, she got something quite unique, it was the one in the book known as a Regalia."

"Wow." Arthur said, nodding his head, thinking about it all as we turned into a room, the asura known as Wren was holding a black staff, standing in front of a table. "That's going to help her when we go over to Alacrya." I was happy she was coming with us; she was always good to Veer and me.