Unexpected Arrival

Arthur Leywin

Tessia and I were sitting in our room, just talking about this trip we were about to go on, well, I was about to go on. The two of us were getting along a little better, we aren't fighting or anything, just aren't talking as much. It wasn't something that was awful, it was what I would expect. I thought she would be a little angrier, but I could work with this, even if it sucked.

"Arthur, you better be back when I have this baby?" Tess told me as her hand rested on her stomach, she was sitting on the bed as I prepared to leave for the council meeting, we had one today discussing the Alacryans in the Beast Glades. "If you aren't, don't ex----"

"Tess, you are about a month pregnant, I'm leaving now, I'll be back before you have the child." I told her, shooting her a smile as I swung my shirt on, and placed my white cloak on. "You know that, there is no reason for you to worry."

"I'll worry if I want to." She told me and I smiled as I turned around, making eye contact with her. "You better be back, Arthur, or else." I nodded, stepping up to her, causing Tess to smile as she looked up at me from the bed. "I'm not joking."

"I know." I said, leaning down and kissing her, then spoke as I backed away. "I might be the Commander of Dicathen at the moment, but I understand that you are in charge in this relationship with the baby on the way." I assured her, not wanting to make her any angrier. "I'll be back whenever I can, and with Veer's teleportation, we will be back sooner."

"You better." She told me, standing up as I slipped on shoes. "And make sure Ellie is safe, keep a close eye on your sister." Tess is acting like I wasn't going to already do that. "Also, Rosa and Jasmine, you better watch them as well."

"Tess." I said her name as she faced me, standing up now. "Everyone will be fine, and we aren't leaving today, so let's not talk about it." She looked at me, then nodded her head, accepting my words. "Come on, our parents are in the living room, let's go and see them."

I held my hand out and she looked at it, then took my hand as she spoke. "Okay." I led her towards the door, opening it for her, then we began walking down the hall of the Helstea mansion. "Mind if we talk about ---"

"No, Tess, please, wait until tonight, when we are in bed." I told her, knowing she wanted to talk about my old life, something I didn't really like doing, but she deserved to know whatever I could tell her.

"Fine." She said. "I just want to know the old you, that is all, or whatever, the memories you have of another life, I want to know everything." I nodded as we held hands walking down the hall. "Where did Virion go today? I feel like I haven't seen him at all."

"I think he is at the academy; I know Damon is with him, but Rosa was with Ellie and Lilia at the auction house." I told her, shaking my head as I thought about it. "He's been by the academy pretty much every day. I think he is worried that the Scythe and Retainer are going to escape, which I understand, but he should know they won't even try." I paused, then slightly shrugged. "He also has those blood crows; he could simply have them watch the Scythes and Retainers."

"Maybe he is up to something else." Tess said to me, leaning onto my shoulder. "He's always up to something, we already know that, we still don't even know where his other three children are." That was very true, he said there were five, we know Rosa and Damon. "I'm not saying he is doing something he shouldn't, but the odds are he probably is."

"Yeah, I agree." I told her, turning down the hall, seeing the living room entrance ahead of us. "It's just, Veer, being Veer, it's hard to talk to him about these things, he likes to keep secrets from all of us." I wonder just how strong all his children are, something that is weird to think about, Veer having children already capable of killing asuras, multiple asuras at a time.