Attack on Vildorial Pt. VII

Eleanor Leywin

I had activated my mana shield as fire came shooting out of the Retainer before me, trying to push past the shield. I held it, then released the shield, grabbed him as he faltered and threw him past the force behind me, and towards the city streets. I shot after him as he flew, then directed himself.

I made sure to throw him to the other side of Vildorial, making sure to stay out of the way of the other Lances, not knowing if it would be better to fight two of them or one of them at a time. He landed on the ground, then threw a ball of fire towards me, but it simply dispersed as I activated my mana shield once again.

"And who might you be?" The Retainer asked as he eyed me up within the streets of Vildorial. "A full blooded Vritra, half, no full." He tilted his head. "But yet, different." He was trying to size me up, but I wasn't going to be scared in this moment, this is why I trained.

"My name is Eleanor Leywin." I told him, and his eyes widened in curiosity. "Surrender now, and I may not kill you." I conjured a mana bow, then pulled back and conjured five soulfire arrows, one hit and it would be over.

"Eleanor Leywin, yes, I forgot your brother made you into a Vritra." He nodded his head thinking about it. "Sad, really, out of all the three Leywin siblings, you really are the forgotten one." I didn't react, knowing that was what he wanted. "Anyways, my name is Retainer Draneeve, it's an honor to be the one to kill you."

My arrows released and shot through the air, and as they reached Draneeve, he shot away from them. Red fire blazed to life around his body as he dodged each arrow, trying to avoid being hit by the black flames that would most certainly hurt him.

I pulled back and released five more, then another five, then another five, redirecting them in the sky as the Retainer shot back and forth within the street, doing whatever he could to survive. It was in that moment, that I realized just how much stronger I was, his movement was slow, nothing like Seris or Veer, not even Cylrit, I could win this with ease, I could defeat a Retainer.

I could feel the worried emotions of my bond on the other side of the city, but I was calm, composed, and feeling motivated to win this, giving him no signs to teleport here. Draneeve dodged the last arrow, turned to me, and I started to emit black mist out of my feet, trying to keep my distance with him for a little, wear him down.

I pulled back on my bow string again, conjuring five soulfire arrows. "Are you going to keep your distance from me all day, Mrs. Leywin?" He asked me as a ball of fire appeared in front of him, but as I released my arrows, the soulfire ate away at his flames, and the spell faded away, forcing the Retainer to go on the defensive.

I pulled back and released some more, pushing the mist around my feet out a little further so he couldn't get too close to me if he was able to get past my arrows. I shot more and more at him, then watched as he danced around the street, dodging each attack.

I could hear the battles going on behind me, the Lances were fighting the other Retainer I assumed, or Scythe, I didn't know know her strength, but since she was taking orders from the purple haired Scythe, I'm guessing she is a Retainer.

"Ahhh!" Draneeve yelled in anger as flames came flying at me as he dodged, almost getting hit by my arrow as he formed the spells, but I simply lifted my left hand of the bow, formed a mana shield, and let the spells bounce off of it.

As the spells faded away, dispersing over my shield and blocking my vision for a second, I could feel Draneeve making his approach as the last of the arrows went passed him. I started to ignite the cursed mist in front of me, blowing up the street, then backed up and grabbed the bow with both hands.