Home

Alice Leywin

I was laying in the bed within the mansion, Frank was to my right, Rey to my left, and I could still feel a rush of pain in my chest. "How bad is it?" Rey asked Frank, still pestering him about my health, my poor husband. "Is she getting better?"

"Yes." Frank said, and even in pain, I knew I was getting better as well. "She will be okay from this attack, but I'm afraid if another one occurs, and she has a second heart attack from any stress, I don't think there's any medicine that'll be able to help her."

"Oh, thank you." Rey said with both joy and sadness. "I need her to stay alive, I can't lose her, Frank, so thank you." He told him once again, there were tears on his face, tears of joy. "I'll make sure she lives a little less stressful from now on."

I could see Frank give him a questionable look, wondering how he would be able to do that with everything that was going on. "Rey, I mean it, any more stress, any more panic attacks, and I won't be able to help her." Rey nodded at Frank, then Frank turned to me. "You hear me Alice, you need to rest and stay calm for a little."

"I heard you." I said, smiling up at him, knowing I wasn't going to go anywhere, not after what had happened. My chest was still aching even now, and there was nothing else they could do, so I didn't want to make it any worse. "Don't worry, I'll, I'll try to push those stressful thoughts away."

"Good." Frank said, nodding his head, smiling back at me, then backing up. "I'll leave the two of you be then for now, Alice, I'll be back though in an hour or two to check up on you." He spun around and left the room, making his way out into the hallway, leaving us in here alone.

"Alice." Rey said my name and I turned to him as he took my hand and rested his head in my palm. "You have to relax, I understand everything going on right now is stressful, but you can't take it on all by yourself, you can talk to me, you know that."

He kissed my hand then looked up at me, tears flooding down. "I'm sorry, Rey, I can't help it." I spoke honestly, my thoughts are over the place, they go to my youngest, trying to conquer the world, then my other two who are trying to stop him and take down a different god, it's all too much. "But I'll try to calm myself."

"Good." He said, kissing my hand again. "I can't lose you." Rey got up and sat next to me, wrapping his arm around me as we laid in bed. "You know, Arthur, Eleanor, Virion, they all have grown up to be such fine young men and woman, yes, one might be trying to take over the world, but he has only done what's best for us his entire life."

"I know." I said, and an image of my son came into my head, Virion, oh my boy. "I remember him running around this mansion, having fun, being a kid." I shook my head, then leaned onto Rey's shoulder. "I remember when he first became a mage and figured out how to create flames out of his hands, then decided to light the stove on fire because he thought it was a good idea."

"Hahaha." Rey laughed as he held me tight. "Yeah, I remember that as well, simpler times, better times." I felt relaxed in his arms, a place I didn't find myself very often, not in his arms, but relaxed. "I shouldn't have brought it up, I'm sorry." 

"No, it's fine, it, it made me calm down and relax." I told him honestly, thinking about my baby boy, smiling to myself as I did. "They were better times, but like you said, they are all such fine adults now." I just wish, I just wish Virion would stop lying and keeping secrets, we are his family, he should know we want nothing but what is best for him.

"I don't think I ever told you this, Alice, but remember when he was doing dungeon runs?" Rey asked and I nodded my head in his chest. "Well, when I heard that Virion took down a Retainer, I was so proud, I started to gloat around the kitchen with the other soldiers staying in the Floating Fortress, telling them that I had a powerful son."