The Start of the End

Virion Leywin

"Veer." Melody said my name as she stepped into my room, looking at me with a smile. "Today, is a big day." I nodded my head as I slipped my shirt on, Selena wasn't here at the moment, she was helping Ivy out in the lab, securing Seris who I tried to help but couldn't. "Are you sure about all this though?"

"Of course not." I told her, turning to here as the door closed. "But we both know we need to kill Agrona soon, we've discussed it, the only people who know what is truly going on is Cassandra, you, and me." She nodded her head, taking a seat on my couch as I walked over and sat across from her. "Uhh, yeah, today is going to be a long, long day."

"Hahaha." Melody laughed, and we both smiled, knowing what was going to go down. "Oh, Rosa came back, she did what you asked in Epheotus." I nodded my head again, understanding what that meant. "I have to ask you again, Veer, are you sure you can sacrifice your brother like this?"

"Yes." I answered. "It's for the greater good, and if he hates me afterwards, so be it, I could care less." I shrugged it off, feeling my brother out in the training field, preparing to go. "You know, lying, it's like second nature to me, I lie to myself in my thoughts all the time, telling myself that it's okay to do certain things." I paused, then added. "I'm lost inside, but the goal, it is still very clear to me."

"We'll get Sylvie back." Melody said, and I nodded my head, knowing that we were. "What are they talking about right now?" She asked, and she was referring to Melzri within Taegrin Caelum, so I sent a mental nod towards Hades to tell me.

'Melzri is just standing in the room with Agrona and Dragoth right now, they are waiting for Cecilia and her lover to arrive.' Hades told me, and I sent him a mental thank you and focused back on Melody.

"They aren't talking about anything important right now, nothing to worry about." I told her, knowing that Agrona plans on doing something today, but I have things set up. "I know you don't want to hear his, but after we leave, you should really go back to the Grotto, take the elves and leave."

"I know." She told me, knowing what I already wanted from here. "But the elves have to stay here for as long as possible so that it looks like a true fight." I nodded, that's why I wanted her to wait until we left, but I won't say anything right now. "We are going to lose an enormous amount of blood troops."

"Yes, but they are replaceable." I told her, and she knew that they were simply a distraction today. "We need Agrona to focus the Wraiths on us here, which he will do, it's what I would do. It'll allow us to do what we want outside of Sehz-Clar."

"It just sucks we have to get slaughtered, and take out some of their Wraiths, they could be useful in the future." She told me, and that's when I noticed just how much she truly knows about me, she might be the only person here. "Even if we can replace the blood troops, we can't replace the Wraiths."

"True." I agreed with her, not wanting to kill the Wraiths right now, not anymore, I slaughtered to many of them now. "It's fine though." I waved it off then stood up. "I think it's time to go though." I held my hand out to her, helping her to her feet, trying to be nice to the one who has been with me from the start.

"Thank you." Melody said, taking my hand and getting to her feet. "You know, I remember when you were just nine or ten years old, leading the Blood Legion through camps, wiping them out one by one, you have truly grown, Veer."

I released her hand and she sent me a smile. "Thank you, Melody, thank you for just staying with me through all this." We made our way to the door, it was time to go and see Arthur, it was time to start Agrona's execution.