Attack on Vildorial Pt. VIII

Tessia Eralith

We were laying fire on the Alacryans trying to break into the city, my vines were tearing through their flesh as they tried to push past their shields, but since the entire force was right here with me, the fifteen tunnel entrances were all covered.

"Keep it up!" Helen yelled to her conjurers, the augmenters around me were still preparing for a fight if they did manage to break into the city. "Don't allow them in!" I looked upward at the fighting going on between Damon and the Scythe known as Viessa, it looked like he was tearing her apart, he was going to defeat her.

I turned my attention to Jasmine who was beside me, preparing to launch into the force if they managed to break in, well, the entire Twin Horns were here, even Rey. "They can't get into the city." I said out loud, they were unable to do anything, shields covered each tunnel entrance, and when an Alacryan tried to push past it, a spell would hit them.

"It's good Veer knew where they were coming from." Jasmine said, shrugging beside me. "If the whole army wasn't facing this wall, we might not have be able to hold it like we are right now." I nodded, agreeing with Jasmine. "But we ---"

"Alacryans!" A voice shouted from above us, causing all our spells to stop. "Retreat or die!" We all looked up as the figure slowly lowered themselves in front of us, it was Veer, whoever he fought at the teleportation gate must all be dead.

He landed twenty yards in front of us and started walking towards the tunnels, his aura was causing soldiers around me, and within the force to somewhat gasp, but it all faded within seconds.

However, that must not be the case with the Alacryans as he walked toward them, the shields in the front and the soldiers around them started to faint. "It's the Devil!" I heard a voice from within the tunnel shout, and that's when all of them started to back up.

"Yes!" Veer shouted. "I am Virion Leywin, the Devil of Dicathen!" He flew into the first tunnel in front of him as the soldiers within it started running away. "By order of Arthur Leywin, you are all allowed to live if you retreat now!"

"Retreat!" The Alacryans started running away from Veer and back through the tunnels where they came from. I looked up and could see the Scythe, Damon was fighting flying away and back into the tunnel, she was Retreating as well.

"We won!" A voice said from within our army, and then cheers erupted as Veer turned to us. "Yeah!" The people exploded with happiness as Veer jumped out of the tunnel with a smile on his face, landing on the ground thirty yards in front of us now.

I could see his Beast Will fade away as he walked towards us, the Twin Horns made their way to him, so I joined them. "Veer!" Rey said with a proud look as he made his way to his son, giving him a huge hug. "I'm glad you are okay."

"Of course, I am okay." Veer said as his father released him from his hug. "Why wouldn't I be?" He asked, tilting his head eyeing us all up. "We only fought twenty Vritras by the gate, they all died pretty quickly."

"Arthur?" I asked, making sure he was okay.

"Yes, yes, yes, your lover is fine." Veer spoke with a smirk on his face, and I rolled my eyes. "He's with Ellie right now." Helen came walking this way as the cheers from the thousand soldiers still went on.

"Why are you letting go?" Helen asked, stepping into the group. "They should be killed." I could see a spark light up in Veer's eyes as he nodded his head.

"Huh, I agree." Veer said, then as he smirked, he added. "Arthur gave me the order not to kill them. I want to, but since he's the Commander I have to listen." He paused for a second then went on. "He is right with his reasoning, they aren't all our enemy, they are simply following orders."