Maze Pt. II

Eleanor Leywin

A purple light hit my eyes and I stumbled into a large blue room, there was no one there with me, but that was only for a moment. "Woah!" Rosa said, appearing right beside me, looking at me with a smile on her face. "That was fun."

"Where are we?" I asked as the two of us looked around, there were two holes in the room, one to our right, and the other to the left. "And where is everyone else?" I had a slightly worried tone to my voice as I tried to figure out where everyone was.

"I have no clue." Rosa said, walking over to one of the pits, so I followed. "Why is this room so blue?" She asked, looking at the walls of the room, trying to comprehend, but I shook my head, not knowing. "What do we have here?"

Rosa stopped in front of the hole, and as I joined her, I could see that down within it was nothing, there was absolutely nothing, just a black hole that never ends. "Jeez." I shook my head as I continued to look down on it, wondering what we were supposed to do.

"Is it bad I want to jump in?" Rosa asked me, causing me to turn to meet her eyes, and I just smiled. "What?" She shrugged. "I bet it would be fun, and I am not seeing anything else right now, so I think we should jump."

"Let's not do that quite yet." I told her, turning away with a smile still on my face, looking at the other pit. "We should go and look at the other one, see if there is anything else we missed, or if there is something else in the room that we have missed."

"Na, come on, El, let's just say fuck it." Rosa said from across the room as I arrived at the other hole. I turned to Rosa after looking down at the black hole again, wondering what we should do, and she asked me. "What's in that one?"

"It's the same thing." I told her. "It seems like we either have to jump in one of these holes or there is something that we are missing within this room." I shrugged at Rosa, then she turned to the hole she was standing in front of and jumped in, my eyes widened. "Rosa?" I said questioningly as I shot towards the hole, jumping in after her, letting the purple flash my eyes again as I fell through the hole.

I appeared on what seemed to be a platform, it was not another room, there were no walls, but there were soldiers all around us, these stone like ones. Rosa was alongside me, shooting black spikes at them with a smile on her face as she pushed them backwards, forming a barricade all around us.

"Hey." Rosa said as I conjured soulfire arrows in the sky above us and started releasing them towards the stone soldiers. "I have no clue where we are right now, but this is going to be better than I expected." I shot more and more spells at the soldiers, putting holes in a countless number of them.

Rosa shot the black spikes she had around us outward and they extended into the soldiers and pushed them off the platform we were on, leaving the spikes behind. "Damn, I wish I had that type of magic." Rosa was so strong, just like Veer, I think it's shadow magic, but I am not sure. "Now, what are we supposed to do? There is nowhere else to go."

Rosa stretched her arms upwards, sighing a little as she did. "Uhh!" She said, looking around, then snapped her fingers and the spikes vanished away. "They were just stone soldiers, they weren't special at all, no magic, nothing, what the fuck!"

I smiled as I laughed. "Let's just be happy we are alive right now." I told her, trying to make her feel better, but it was not going to work, she's too much like Veer. "Let's figure out what we have to do now."

"Who cares?!" Rosa exclaimed, walking over to the edge, so I followed her, there was no other place to go. "I am about to just jump, there is no other place to go." We stopped at the edge and looked down, and I shook my head, not wanting to jump, but she was right. "Let's go!"