Battle for Sehz-Clar Pt. II

Aya Grephin

"I don't blame the people, the elves, for not liking me." Cylrit said as the two of us stood within my tent, a tent he had brought for me from the Alacryan campgrounds. "I did help take Zestier from them." I felt bad for him, but it was understandable, he probably killed a decent amount of people.

When I was there, the Alacryans were actually nice to me. I think they either respected me, or it was a pitiful feeling towards me, I didn't know. "It'll just take time; they know you are on our side now." He nodded his head, the Retainer was actually nice, it was a weird thing to think after everything that has gone down.

"I know." Cylrit said, we were sitting across from one another at a table within the tent. "On the other hand, I haven't gotten to talk to you about it, but you have a Regalia now, don't you?" I did tell Seris and him about it when we arrived with Arthur. "What is it?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I never told you." I said as I felt my stump of an arm, I wasn't conjuring one right now. "It allows me to use wind constantly to form a barrier around me, it's like a force field, that doesn't let anything touch me."

"So, want, can you not get hit now?"

I shook my head at him. "No, I'm sure if the attack is powerful enough, or I'm not activating the ruin, that I would be injured." He seemed to understand. "And ever since we broke our limiters, I think I'm getting a lot stronger, my mana reserves and attacks seem to be on a whole other level."

"Well, that's good to hear." Cylrit said, looking around the tent, then back at me. "It seems like the Lances are going to be a real threat to us soon." He said jokingly, the Retainer smiled for a second, the serious expression completely gone for that mere second, it was nice. "Who would have known?"

"Haha." I laughed, thinking about it, the Lances weren't really strong enough to hold Dicathen before, but maybe we could now, well, maybe we could take down a continent now. "Speaking of the past, you were a part of the force that first sailed in, correct?"

"Yes, I was." Cylrit answered. "It was Uto and me, we were the Retainers sent to deliver the message, or demand that you guys' surrender." He paused for a second, then continued. "Even at that time, Seris and I were planning on how to get out of the grasp of Agrona's hands, but we didn't know how."

"I see." I said, looking at him, remembering the one they called Uto, he was the one we had locked up in the Floating Fortress. "I thought that was the case, I knew there were two Retainers that meant with our people."

"Yeah, and those people were the spark to an idea." Cylrit said, thinking back to the meeting. "When I spoke with Elder Virion, and I saw the two boys behind him, and in front, Arthur, Virion, I knew they were the key." He paused again, then added. "Then when they both supposedly died, and then came back, I knew it for sure."

"They were, no, they were our force in the war." I told him, and he nodded his head, agreeing with me. "The Lances did a lot, but those two, they were the ones taking out your forces. I mean, Virion had his own army called the Blood Legion or something that went around and picked your army apart."

I looked away for a second, thinking about how powerful Virion was even back then, imagine what would have happened to those forces if he was as strong as he was now. They would have been killed within seconds and not minutes. Those reports I read from his force were amazing, he would walk in by himself, slaughter thousands, and walk out.

Now he is doing it to innocent people, it's hard to think about. The boy I trained to use illusion magic, the boy I hung out with for a while in the beginning. I thought, and still think of him as a brother, a little brother. I loved him, and I believe he loved me, but I don't know any more what he is thinking.