Sovereign Orlaeth

Caera Denoir

A sudden aura radiated through the room, the killing intent was clear, it had to be Sovereign Orlaeth. "Nithe." Seris said, and the wheat colored hair boy vanished from our sight as we turned toward the balcony entrance. "Against the walls, Cylrit, Caera." I gave her a head nod as I backed up, standing alongside Cylrit against the wall. "Remember, control your thoughts, he'll be in your heads."

I had goosebumps, afraid of what was to come, but was ready for it. All I had to do was stand here and they would take care of the rest, at least that is what I was told, but if they need me, I'll step in, or I'll try to.

I watched as the man, the asura, landed on the balcony, and if I wasn't told about his two heads, the sight would have caught me off guard. It still did, looking at it and picturing it are two different things.

Sovereign Orlaeth had messy dark hair on both heads with a pair of two black horns on each, but I noticed on the one head, within his hair was two other horns. I wonder if he somehow created a second head or something by using his horns to do so, I don't know. The two faces I was looking at seemed to be somewhat identical, no, they were.

The two heads were both doing different things, one was looking towards Seris while the other was examining Cylrit and me as we stood against the wall. I kept myself composed, there was no need to think about Grey or Virion, well, or Virion's child, Nithe.

I did feel anxiety and discomfort, but as it was rushing out of me, I knew it was because of his asura, he was drawing it to the surface to read. "Sovereign Orlaeth, it's an honor to have you here." Seris paused, then went on for a second before being interrupted. "Thank you ---"

"Where is it?" The left head spoke to her. "Where is the system we spoke about? You said it was ready for me?" The head examined the room, then added. "This shield we'll show Agrona that we are still loyal to him." The head paused, the scowl on his face was clear as he thought about something. "With Kiros's death, his new replacement will be in a weakened state and might decide to attack Sehz-Clar."

The right head spoke next. "With everything that happened in the Victoriad, and the two Lessers in Dicathen starting a rebellion, it is only a matter of time until Agrona abandons the continent." It paused, its eyes lingered on me, then turned back to the other head and spoke. "The treaty with Epheotus is broken, Lord Indrath is sure to attack at some point, and with this product, we can show our gratitude to the High Sovereign."

Seris was about to speak, but the left head spoke aggressively to the right head. "Lord Indrath might attack, but Agrona has out maneuvered him countless times." The room fell silent, but he eventually spoke again. "With this shield, the High Sovereign will side with us in a battle with Vechor if they decide to attack, and if Lord Indrath attacks, the device will give us time to create a plan."

"That's if this Lessuran completed her task." The one head snapped at Seris, then the other did as well. "Lessuran, speak." It seemed like Seris was unfazed, able to keep her emotions in check, while I was somewhat struggling.

I watched as Scythe Seris bowed, then spoke. "I'm sorry that there was a delay, the component we were missing was located in the desert of Dicathen." She paused for a second, then added. "It was a mineral that was able to condense fire-mana, and with it, we ----"

"Just start the damn demonstration." The left head snapped at Seris once again, and I could see a slight sign of anger in her face, but she was able to hide it, and nodded her head, but in all of that, when he snapped at her, a slight moan came out of my mouth as his aura pushed further hit me harder.

"Caera." Seris said, turning to me slightly. "Maybe it would be best if you left and sat in the lab." She doesn't think I can handle this, but I can, the aura and the killing intent got to me, it was just too much.