Getting the Scythe

Eleanor Leywin

I stepped through the portal with Chul and Boo on my sides, the guards in front of us just bowed, knowing that we might be showing up. We continued walking past them, not acknowledging them while we did, I needed to go see my parents.

"I'll go and get the Scythe." Chul told me as we made it outside. "You just go and make sure everything is alright." I nodded my head, and the two of us went in different directions, he went to Xyrus, and I went to the Helstea mansion.

"Boo." I said, running my hand through his fur. "Something feels off, doesn't it?" I asked him, and he grunted, letting me know he agreed, but we continued walking. When the Helstea mansion came into view, the guards all looked at me with fear for a second, then realized who I was.

I feel like it's been a while since I've been back here, but in reality, I was here like a couple weeks ago. I don't really recognize these guards, I do know some, which makes me feel a little guilty, they would be willing to throw their lives away for my familes.

"Boo, stay out here." He grunted at my order, not wanting to leave my side, but he knew better than to go inside, Uncle Vincent doesn't like it, and well, I agree at times, Boo tends to destroy things, he is way too big to be a house pet.

"Lance Eleanor." The first guard said in front of the mansion, then as he bowed and the door opened, Lance Bairon stepped out into the doorframe. I just stared up at him in confusion, because I could see through the ceiling above him within the mansion.

"Oh, that." He said, turning around and following my vision. "I might have done that trying to protect your parents and Princess Tessia, Windsom showed up." My eyes widened, remembering that man, that dragon, that god, he was the reason we almost all died.

"What?!" I exclaimed, looking at him, trying to get more answers. "He came here and attacked you?" I asked as I stepped into the mansion, following him inside, the door closed, and as we stood there, I just looked up at the Lance who was a lot taller than me.

"He did, well, he did, and he didn't." I just looked at him, not really understanding. "I provoked him, I'll admit, but he was threatening to abduct Princess Tessia, so I had to do something." I nodded, understanding and appreciating what he was doing and did. "Luckily, your brother showed up and absolutely dominated him."

"W-what?" I asked again, Veer was here, but how, and why, well, I guess he does have eyes everywhere. "He killed him? He killed Windsom?" Bairon shook his head, and I asked one more question. "Then what happened?"

"I was about to fight him, but then Virion showed up, took him down in a matter of seconds, and as he was laying there, a portal opened up and more dragons came stepping through, saying Lord Indrath wanted to speak, then they left." Bairon told me, and as he did, my parents came walking out of the living room, they looked down at me from the top of the stairs. "That's pretty much it, we don't know anything else."

"Okay, thank you, Bairon, for everything." He nodded as I spoke, then I turned to my parents as they came walking down the stairs slowly, seeing my mom made me happy, it was obvious Veer was lying, she seemed a lot better.

"El." My father said as he met me at the bottom of the stairs, pulling me into a hug. "It's good to see you, we were getting worried, Arthur and you said that you would be back a lot more." We did, but things changed, and I don't even know when Arthur will be able to return, could be a day, or weeks, or months.

"Same." I said as we separated, and then I looked at my mother. "Mom, Veer said that you were sick, but you seem fine." I walked up and hugged her, and as she embraced me, I added. "I don't understand why he would lie like that."