Etril Pt. III

Ivy Leywin

I stepped through the portal and appeared in front of Kiloph who was standing in the trail in front of Maerin. "Ivy." Kiloph said, bowing his head to me, then smiling. "It's good to see you again." He trained me, he trained all of us, so he enjoyed being around us.

"Likewise." I said to him. "I see everything is set up." I looked around, the people of Maerin were doing their own thing, walking around like it was a normal day. "The people don't seem scared about you being here or even me."

"No, they are all pretty good actually." Kiloph said, then turned to face the town with me. "Especially after all the blood soldiers left, I think they scared them, but there's not much I can do about that except tell them it is okay."

"Yeah." I said, nodding my head, not feeling anything coming yet. "Alright, so, you have the device?" I asked, holding my hand out. "We expect them to be coming any moment now, but it could be hours or another day."

Kiloph pulled a device out of his pocket and handed it to me. "If you press this button, the shield will activate and no one except for you will be able to teleport out. I linked your blood and our teleportation device to it, so you should be able to flee."

"Alright." I said with a smile, knowing that I wasn't going to be doing much except talking to the Wraiths. "You can go then; I know what I must do." The portal to the Grotto was open behind me, he wasn't supposed to be here when they showed up, even though it really didn't matter.

"Are you going to be using your abilities at all?" Kiloph asked and I shook my head with a sad look on my face. "Oh, don't worry, you'll get to use that old elf's ability in a real fight sooner or later."

"I know." I told him. "I'm not going to go into the city, the people most likely will get freaked out by me, and we don't need that quite yet." I started to fly upwards as Kiloph stepped toward the portal. "See ya."

He gave me a head nod, then stepped into the portal, vanishing with it, then I flew up so that I was about, I don't know, only like ten or fifteen yards in the sky, looking down the path to the entrance of the town.

I would assume they would show up here, but who knows, it didn't really matter, the shield covered the entire town and more. I just had to wait, there wasn't much else I could do right now, so I'll just sit here and do nothing. I was expecting a small force of Wraiths, I think it was a hundred, but who knows, maybe after what my father does, Agrona sends more.

I waited, and waited, and waited, and eventually, after a long hour, a portal opened, well, portals opened in front of me, and in groups, Wraiths started to pour out of them. I just flew steadily as more and more showed up, preparing for battle before me, ready to kill anyone within the city.

They stopped before me, standing casually in their five men battle group, and when the portal closed, I counted about one hundred of them, just as we though, which was perfect. "Surrender or die." The one in the front said, all of the Wraiths had long black horns, bigger than mine, but that didn't matter.

I could feel the people behind me starting to move, the citizens, they could feel the aura emitting from the Wraiths before me. I was surprised they could move to be honest, but they were, but would freeze at the sight before them most likely.

"We have orders to take you alive, but if met with resistance, we can kill you." A Wraith said with a smile on his face. "Please, resist, I am looking for a good fight." I smirked right back at him; I would love to fight them.

"If you can catch me." I vanished, appearing within the city, the citizens fell to their knees at the sight of me, plus the aura from the Wraiths. In a blink of an eye, the Wraiths appeared within the city, causing the citizens to look up in horror at the sight.