Saviors Pt. III

Aya Grephin

We stood before the tunnel leading to the people, Mica had closed it off, which would make it harder for the Asuras to get by if they reach us, we could hear the battle going on through the spikes. The four of us were ready to lay our lives down for everyone, we knew what we had to do, but no one wanted to speak right now, it was nerve wracking, knowing we could be fighting gods at any moment.

Veer, yet again, has found a way to give us a fighting chance in a battle we shouldn't even come close to winning. He created a being capable of competing with the gods, Damon was strong, we all sensed. He also spoke a lot like Veer, so it made me smile sometimes when he would speak in the council or at home.

"Boom!" A sudden explosion hit the wall of spikes that Damon grew, and that's when we felt a powerful aura heading our way, but there was still fighting going on. This caused us all to jump slightly, getting ready for whoever was to come.

"It looks like they sent more than one Asura, like he predicted." Bairon said, lighting dancing off his body as he got ready to fight. I summoned my sword at my side, unsheathing it, getting ready to cast my illusions. "Use the houses, we know what we have to do."

"Yes." Mica said. "We bury them." Whatever was coming for us picked up their pace, and in a single heartbeat, they were on us, it was a boy, a teenager it looked like, but he was holding a red spear darting down the path between two houses.

"Mica!" I shouted, and Mica brought two of the stone houses down on the boy. Varay shot ice at it, freezing the stones surrounding the buried Asura. I launched away, jumping on the roof of a nearby house, my job was to project illusions for them while fighting up here.

"It won't hold him." Mica said as the rubble started to shake, then it was launched up into the air, I started projecting fake Lances throughout the bunker as the asura slammed the spear he was holding into Lance Varay.

"Lances!" He said as Varay, the real Varay was launched into a stone building, breaking the first wall and landing in the inside of the home. I had my illusions run around him while the real Bairon and Mica moved amongst them. "A pathetic attempt to trick me."

He vanished before us, appearing next to me on the roof, his spear pointed right at my chest, and before I knew it, I was launched through the ceiling and into the ground, stones from the ceiling falling on me. In a matter of seconds, the asura proved to us that he was a god, his speed was on a whole other level, I couldn't even see him move.

"Ahhhh!" I heard some else scream as I pushed the rocks off of me, getting back to my feet with wind magic, turning toward the noise, it was Bairon, the Asura had impaled his shoulder on the spear he was holding.

"Bairon!" Mica shouted as she shot stone spears at the Asura who kicked Bairon off the spear, then swung it through Mica's spell, shattering the stone pieces before they could do anything to him.

Ice started to spread all over the ground as an ice dragon appeared in the sky from Varay who had gotten up out of the rubble, so I joined in as the Asura attacked Mica. I shot wind blade and a twister his way, our spells destroying everything in their way. The asura slapped Mica with his hand not on the spear at the moment, knocking her down, and then looked up to the ice dragon coming down on him.

My blades of wind were dismissed by a swing of his spear, and as the dragon was coming down on him, breathing an icy cold mist, Bairon shot into his chest, but the Asura grabbed his armor and he threw him into the twister I had summoned, forcing me to dismiss the spell.

Bairon landed near me as the ice dragon shattered to pieces as he threw his spear through it. He held his hand out and the spear came back to him, the four of us stopped attacking him, we knew very well we were outmatched.