Concealed

Seris Vritra

"So, everything is set up." I said, looking at Kordri, but everyone else was in the room. "The plan to get Arthur into Etril worked, everything went according to what we thought." Everybody nodded, now everything was up to Arthur.

"It did, that necklace you gave us was perfect." Lance Aya said, looking at me, it wasn't difficult for me, but seeing her arm like it was, sucked, I felt somewhat bad for the Elven Lance. "When we were in that city, I used my illusion magic and hid Arthur and took his place, Virion didn't even notice, the blood you had us wear worked."

"Perfect." I said, we were in my lab, talking and waiting, there was nothing for us to do now but wait, which sucked. "Those jackets I had you wear underneath your armor had blood and mana shields that blocked and switched your blood, that way if Virion looked into your body, he would have sensed Arthur's blood."

"That was great idea, Seris." Eleanor said, looking at me with a smile. "I only hope it works, we had to pretend like we were retreating, even though we kind of had to." She paused for a second, then added. "The swap was the hard part, timing the illusion magic and Arthur's departure."

"Yeah, it was." Lance Aya told me, speaking up, holding her stub of an arm as she did. "Virion tackled him out of the sky, and took us down, but when Arthur and him separated, it was like we were thinking the same thing. Arthur changed his appearance and went down an ally, and I took his place, flying in the sky, facing Veer with that jacket on while my illusion was watching us."

"Let's just be happy he didn't see anything or sense it." I said, but I knew that would be the case. "He was too worried about his brother and sister being there, trying to get you to join him to see that his brother wasn't his brother when he left."

Everybody seemed happy about the situation, but Chul spoke up with some anger. "Yeah, everything went like we wanted to some extent, however, if Arthur can't take Veer down, it won't matter." This was true, but now we had the element of surprise. "We need to prepare for the case that he fails."

"He won't." Eleanor said, nodding her head. "My brother won't fail, he will take down Veer, and then we will be able to return home with him." I didn't think that would happen, Virion couldn't simply be moved from one place to another, he had an army, or armies, and his children, Raven could be in here right now and we wouldn't know.

"I hope you are right." Kordri said, looking at Eleanor. "While he is out, we can continue our training, I'll help you in hand to hand combat." The two were sparring on my training grounds, he was helping her progress in hand to hand, she was good with long distance fighting like I was, but the other she was not.

"Sounds good." Eleanor said, but then added one more thing. "Are we sure that Virion won't be able to sense him within the city?" It's been around a week since the events went down, and Arthur began roaming the Dominion.

"Yes." I told her, speaking up for everybody. "I didn't have time to create those jackets for everybody, the one Arthur is wearing is of some nobody soldier here in Sehz-Clar, Virion won't be able to sense his blood." I paused, then continued after I thought about it some more. "At least I hope."

"Well, since Arthur or Virion hasn't come back, I have to imagine he is fine." Kordri responded, and that was exactly what I was thinking. "But who knows, Arthur said he would handle it after getting in, it is up to him now, there's nothing we can do."

"Precisely." I spoke up. "However, there is stuff we can do, the shield is even stronger now, but if Agrona wants us dead, he can kill us." I looked at Eleanor, then also added. "We need to get Nico as well, Arthur wants us to give him back, if we don't, Cecilia will unleash hell upon us all, and we might not be able to stop her this time if she is enraged."