Vechor Pt. I

Melzri Vritra

I stood within the battle camp I've been staying in, there were about twenty thousand half-breeds here, plus four thousand Wraiths. This was one of the major camps that was built within the Dominion of Vechor.

I was alone, Dragoth left to aid Agrona, and I was put in charge of administrating the serum. The half-breeds here were being trained to use their upgrade in power and were also kept here so that Agrona could send them out if he needed to.

From what I've heard, Agrona's been in his laboratory all day, every day, trying to figure something out. I didn't know what, it seemed like the only person who knew was him, which meant I couldn't really get any details. Whatever it is, I'm sure it isn't anything good, it's going to come out sooner or later though.

I was in a tent, thinking to myself, waiting for anything interesting to happen. King Virion hasn't sent a message in a while, but I've spoken to his bond, the Serpent named Hades. He fills me in at times on what is going on, but for now, I've been doing what we had planned.

The Wraiths were separated from the camp, they were on the outside, protecting it from any intruders. They have been half-breed Vritras from almost birth or awakening, so they were strong, and knew how to use their abilities unlike these half-breeds.

The Wraiths also had no respect for me, even though if we fought one on one, I would win, but if they fought me five on one, then of course I would die. It annoys me sometimes when they come and talk to me in here or out there, they act like I do when I am around Lessers. It makes me want to kill them, but I know I can't, they'll get what is coming eventually.

I know King Virion took out Aldir the other day, that was something remarkable that I never thought was going to happen. He was the asura that wiped out millions over there in Dicathen, I thought he would be on a whole other level of strength. However, it appears our King is on that same level, which is just amazing.

I could feel the mana in the air around me moving rapidly as spells were sent in all directions. There were new troops coming today, normal Lessers who were going to be turned into half-breeds. I think there were about two thousand of them, which brings the total to an unreal number that is going to cause some issues.

I turned toward the tent entrance, and as I did, a loud explosion went off. "Boom!" This wasn't like the other ones, like spells being used in a training session, no, this was like an attack. "Boom!"

After the second one, mana shifted in the air, and my tent flap opened. "Scythe Melzri, he, he's here." My eyes widened not in fear or anything, but in joy, it probably didn't look like that to this Lesser, but it didn't matter.

I started towards the man, and as I did, he moved out of my way, letting me step into the camp which was now moving about and preparing for battle. I looked up into the sky, and overlooking the twenty thousand troops was no other than the Devil of Dicathen, my King.

His eyes tracked the movements of everyone below him, watching us prepare to attack him. The four thousand Wraiths outside the city didn't move, but if I had to guess, they were looking up in the sky, the aura emitting off of Virion was on a whole other level. It was quite scary, even though I knew he wouldn't kill me, it felt like he would if he wanted to right now.

"Scythe Melzri, what are we --- " The soldier was cut off as his body split in half from a wind strike from the sky, and the soldiers around me that were seeking answers froze, one boy was keeping an entire force still.

"No one move!" I ordered, knowing that the stillness wasn't going to last forever, sooner or later everyone would attack, and it wouldn't be at my orders, so I had to control them for the moment while I waited to see what he plans to do. "I'll go and speak to him."