Not Part of the Plan

Arthur Lewyin

Beside me stood Kordri and Chul, we were going into Vechor after the blast, they were in disarray, and it was the perfect moment to land a blow on their new Sovereign. One of Virion's children killed the old one named Kiros at the Victoriad, so there was a new one appointed not so long ago within the clan.

I believe his name was Aliopha, a shadow user from Seris's notes, we were going in today to end his life. We all came to the conclusion that going into Etril was not the best of choices, Veer knew, there was no point, we weren't going to stop him. 

However, sneaking into Vechor was easy, and we went undetected as we entered a portal in a city named Aensgar, the soldiers there didn't see a thing as I god stepped us through the building with the portal within in. Sadly, the whole Relictomb thing didn't work because Kordri couldn't enter, so I had to find a portal connecting to Aensgar from Sehz-Clar, which was not easy.

We were currently outside a base within Vechor that housed the new Sovereign, there were about five hundred Wraiths circling it, going in through the front was suicide. We might be above them in strength, but their numbers would over run us within minutes. Vechor was the military Dominion of Alacrya, the strongest fighters came here most of the time.

Ellie, Aya, and Caera went to the front lines at the Vechor boarder, there was news that the half-breed force there was growing. The Etril army though has decreased, and has been retreating backwards, we haven't heard why, but if I had to guess, Veer had something to do with it.

Ellie wanted to come with, but Seris agreed, this was a fight she didn't and couldn't help in. If they are at the border, their help could be useful, and from what I heard, there are two of Virion's children there, guarding the boarder as well, so I'm sure they were talking to one another.

"You ready Arthur?" Kordri asked, prepared to attack already, I nodded my head, reaching my hands out. "And you are sure you can god step us past their force and into the mansion's window without anyone knowing?"

"I got it Kordri." I told him, he gave me a look, then took my hand, Chul did it without question, seeming to be with me no matter what. "Just give me a second." I activated my Dragon's Will, feeling my body changing, then activated Static Void, keeping them in it with me, then god stepped to an opening in the base.

We appeared within the window, in a small room with nobody in it. "I'm counting thirty five people within here." Kordri said, and they released my hands. "Finding this Aliopha is going to be tricky, but his long red hair should give him away."

"Remember, silence and surprise are key." I told them, but they knew it, they were trained killers, Kordri especially. "You two go to the right, and I'll go left when we leave the room, when you find Aliopha, hit him hard, end it before anything else can begin."

"We got it." Chul said, cracking his neck. "Room to room, that's the way, kill whoever you come across, no matter what, it's the only way to guarantee success." This was true, I didn't want to kill everyone, but if there were mostly vritras here, I wouldn't really feel that bad.

"Regis." I said, and my bond came out of me and landed on the ground on all fours. "Go find Aliopha, or anyone with red hair." I looked at the door, feeling the mana signatures throughout the building, the potency of their auras was clear even to me, but they didn't affect me anymore which was huge.

"On it, boss." Regis said and he faded underneath the door into a shadowy form. 

"Let's do this." I told them, opened the door silently, feeling Regis floating down the hall to the left of me, and as we entered, I noticed the base we were in was huge, these hallways seemed a lot smaller from the outside. "Be careful."