Stopping a Massacre

Arthur Leywin

"Come on." I said, looking at Ellie, she was sitting down on the training field beside Aya. "It's time we leave for Etril." At those words, my sister and Lance got to their feet within seconds, they were ready to stop my brother from doing what he was about to do.

The two of them returned back from the boarder two days ago, I asked them to come with this time. I could use their help, Aya was now closer to intergration stage, Ellie was an asura, so they should be able to keep up. Caera was coming along because I trusted her, we've been through a lot, so I couldn't refuse her help.

Seris and I came to the conclusion that Veer was going to kill the twenty five thousand troops heading to him. It's been two weeks since they departed from the border, but I think Veer will attack them any day now, and I need to stop him before he does that. I understand that soldiers need to die in war, but they weren't regular soldiers, those Alacryans were humans fighting because they were forced too.

I understood, I get it, the ones in Dicathen, they deserved to die, it's a little different here, we are in their land. What Veer is doing is vengeance, it was justified, but not needed, the only person who deserved to die for the continent's actions was Agrona, and I guess you could say his vritras.

"I'm ready." Ellie said, adjusting her armor slightly, she was wearing silver plated armor that Bairon had made for her, Lance armor, Aya was in the same type of armor, and as the two of them stopped with me, Chul and Kordri came walking our way out of the mansion. "Are we sure we are going to be able to find Veer?"

"Yes." I told her, nodding my head. "I think I have a way." I was going to use the aether to teleport again, I think it's connecting Veer and I for some reason, I didn't what, but it was, and I think if I use it again, it'll bring me right to him.

"I hope you are right." Aya said, looking at me, she was with Cylrit and Ellie at the border, she talked about it, Ellie did as well, the three seemed to get along quite well. "If what you say is true, and we don't stop him, he'll kill a lot of people." She paused for a second, then went on. "I'm not totally upset with what he is doing, but I understand why you want to stop him, and if he wasn't crazy, I might have let him go."

"But he is crazy." Ellie said with a sarcastic tone as Chul and Kordri joined us, Seris and Cylrit were not coming with, and had already said their goodbyes in the laboratory when I left. The new Sovereign's mana gave them the ability to reinforce the shield around us, so they were working on that, making sure this place stands while we were gone.

"Well, I'm guessing you're talking about your brother." Chul said, standing beside me now, his fiery hair dancing in the wind. "This should be a fun trip; a nice family get together for you guys." He was joking, but no one laughed, even though he probably wasn't trying to make anyone laugh.

"You sure this is going to work?" Kordri asked, and I shrugged. "I'm trusting you, if you think it'll bring us to Virion, then I'll belief you, there's really no other way to go about it anyways." There really wasn't, if we didn't do this, then finding him before he found us would be somewhat impossible.

"Where's Caera?" Ellie asked, looking back into the mansion, the last time I was with her she was with Seris, so odds are she was still there. I'd give it about a minute or two, she'd be out in no time, she knew Kordri and Chul had left.

"She was with Seris." Chul said, looking at my sister. "She was on her way up when we left, so she'll be out here soon." Ellie nodded at the phoenix, and as we waited, Chul turned and asked me a question. "So, Arthur, what are we to do about your brother when he doesn't want to listen? Are we all going to attack him?"