Demand

(One Week Later)

Bairon Wykes

I was within the Helstea Mansion, in the main corridor, the guards aligned the room, there was no chance I was going to let anything happen to the Princess. I promised Arthur I would stand guard, and give my life up to protect her, and that was exactly what I was going to do if it came down to it.

She was in the other room with Rey, Alice, and Tabitha Helstea, I didn't really bother being around them like this, even though they said I could, I just don't feel right when I am. I knew Arthur needed to do what he was doing, but I still think it was the wrong choice. It would have been tough not to do, but Princess Tessia is pregnant with his child, he should be here with her.

I know Virion and Agrona need to be stopped, but why, let them tear each other apart, we all know Virion wasn't going to die. One thing I learned about that kid is that he is smarter than even the gods, then again, he was a god now. 

I spoke with the Scythe known as Nico; Arthur instructed me to gather any information I could from him. He said I could trust this Nico, a killer of thousands of Dicatheons, I didn't at first, but as I speak to him more and more, I believe him. He was being mind controlled by Agrona, how, I don't know, but it was clear he was by the difference in his appearance from the last time I saw him in Etistin.

The other Scythe, Scythe Viessa, she speaks when spoken too, it's like she's okay being where she is. I didn't know why, but something felt off with her. The Retainer was beat up, chained up, he was a wildcard, always throwing fits.

I wanted to execute them before the masses, but Arthur said no, he thinks they might be useful in the future, but I didn't see how. They were just wasting space and resources, I didn't find a need for killing the one known as Nico, but the other two, they deserved to die for everything they have done.

"Bairon." A soldier named Chance said my name, and I turned to him, a yellow core, one of the men I put in charge when I send them out to do something. "The King and Queen are here." I nodded my head and turned toward the door, and as it opened, I bowed my head as the Eraliths came walking in.

They've been staying here as well, a little odd for a royal family, but I understand, Princess Tessia wants to stay here, she feels a lot safer, and that's fine. I would protect them all anywhere, after everything the Leywins have done, I owe them my life, a lot more than I owe my life to the Glayders, but my loyalty still lies with them.

"Bairon, you know you don't need to bow." King Eralith said, stopping in front of me. "We told you that it isn't needed every time we come back, this is our home for now, and we thank you for your protection." 

I looked up, and the two sent me a smile and a head nod. "It's just a habit." I assured them, and then added. "I'll keep that all in mind next time you arrive." The soldiers around me were all standing guard, some elves, some humans, making sure no one tried anything on this mansion, they would have to be stupid to do that though.

"Good." King Eralith said, the Queen started walking towards the stairs that led to the living room, which was where the Princess was. "I'm assuming nothing happened while we were gone, I know I don't need to say it, by the looks of things."

"Nothing, and nothing ever will." I assured him, and he shot me a smile and nodded, then followed after his wife. I turned towards Chance who was standing off to the side and spoke up. "Chance, do a round up, check everything, I want to make sure everything is secured."

"We did that an hour ago?" He asked, I just stared at him, and he nodded his head. "Yes, sir, I'll get a team and go and do that right away." Chance turned away and got four others and went around the mansion, checking on every entrance, making sure there were no signs of any intrusions.