Getting my Bait

Virion Leywin

"What are you doing?" Selena asked, looking at me as I swung my black cloak on, we were in the living room of the Grotto where everybody goes. I have Ivy guarding Nico, and I told her not to let him out of the small room I gave him for today, I didn't need him ruining my plan.

"I'm getting ready to leave to do something." I told her honestly, but as I turned around to meet her eyes, it was obvious she knew something was up. "What?" I asked, Melody and Cassandra were helping the older elves up top that didn't go to Alacrya get situated, they were struggling with the new feeling of how things are up there now.

"You know what, you aren't telling me everything." Selena said, standing up from the couch. "But I guess that's okay, I knew this would be the case when I joined you." She stepped over to me as I fixed my pants. "A man of mystery."

"I plan on only leaving for the day, maybe more, maybe less, I don't know." I told her as she leaned in and kissed me, then wrapped her arms around my waist as we stood there alone in the room. "Selena, I really have to go, I'm kind of on a time crunch here."

'Just sent word to open a portal in the hallway.' Hades sent a thought to me as he slithered within my body, and I sent a mental head nod right back at him, letting him know that I heard him.

"Alright." Selena said, holding me still within her arms. "But when you get back, you are going to tell me where you went?" I nodded my head, kissing her one more time as I backed away, allowing her arms to fall off me.

"I will." I lied to her, heading towards the door. "Keep an eye on Ivy, make sure she doesn't walk away from Nico's room. He is a weakling, but he could do some serious damage here if he wanted."

"Love you." Selena said as I reached the door, I didn't respond, I opened it and left the room behind me, the portal was open right in front of me, ready for me to step into it. I stopped my approach and started to think about what I was about to do, and that I needed to be smart about how I did it.

'She is alone right now, right?' I thought back to Hades, knowing that my blood crow was watching her. 'If she isn't, this could go sideways very quickly, super quickly.' I activated my Beast Will, knowing that if I had it activated there would be a higher chance that she didn't fight it.

'Yeah, you are good to go.' Hades thought back to me. 'You could always bring someone with you, but then again, I guess it's not the wisest thing to do since they most likely will get in your way.'

'I don't need anyone to come with me, it would be pointless.' I told him as I stepped toward the portal. 'Anyway, if it leads to what I want, there is a high chance that I draw some unwanted attention my way.'

'Which you are ready for.' Hades said and I nodded my head to myself as I stepped through the portal and ended up in some fancy mansion, not one I lived in before, but it was still fancy, glass walls, or crystal, couldn't tell, and within the mansion walked countless people, but the person I wanted was alone. 'Maids coming, get in to the room.'

I felt them too, so I did as he said, I slowly opened the one door and stepped into the room. "Jessy, I don't need anything right now, you can go back to whatever you were doing." I heard a female voice said from behind the wall.

I walked further into the room, passing the wall, and as I made eye contact with the girl sitting at a table by herself, I smiled and spoke. "Lady Zelyna, it's good to see you." I grabbed the seat across from her and pulled it out. "Mind if I sit?"

"Virion, wh, what are you doing here?" She asked, looking at me in wonder, a little fear radiated within her, I could tell.

"I'm gonna sit anyway." I sat down in the chair and crossed my legs, I could feel the black liquid that circled me within my skin, waiting to get out, but I kept it within me, knowing that it wasn't appropriate to have it going around in here. "I've come to see you of course, Lady Zelyna, I hope you don't mind that I came without warning you."