Awakening

Nico Sever

My eyes opened and my heart started to race, I was in some room at the bottom of Taegrin Caelum I assumed. The table I was laying on was cold, causing me to shiver slightly, the last thing I remember was fighting Grey. I looked down at my chest where I know Grey stabbed me, he broke my core, but how was it fixed?

I sat up and looked around the room, it was dimly lit, I could see the walls were made from bricks. I tried taking in mana, but as soon as it entered my body, my mana channels flared with pain, and I stopped and bit my lip.

I tried to move my body, but each movement I made hurt so much, so I just stayed still while I could. I had to build up some strength to get up, but before I do that, I had to think, for the first time in a long time, there was no anger inside of me, I was thinking clearly.

Agrona, he, did he heal me? I have no clue what was going on, but I was happy that I was okay. I don't know how I was okay, but I was, at least I think so. I couldn't absorb mana or use it at all, it hurt, I probably wouldn't even be able to conjure anything.

I also have memories of Melzri and Viessa, they were doing something to me, but I don't know what. Oh yeah, they poured some potion on me, I remember that, I think maybe that healed my wounds, but there is no potion that could heal my core.

Cecilia, why do I have brief memories of her at the Victoriad? Did she come to rescue me? Did she fight Grey? Did she win? Lose? I have to see her, I have to get up, I have to know if she is alive. Did Grey kill her once again?

I tried once again to push myself up, not using mana, just getting up. It took a second or two, but I swung my feet over the table, it hurt. I took a deep breath and pushed myself off the table, landing on the ground, breathing heavily from moving even the slightest.

The door opened up, standing in the doorway was a medic, their eyes widened at the sight of me. "Scythe ---" She started, but I conjured a black spike out of the ground in pain, I knew I was unable to do that again.

The black spike grew to the medic's throat, holding her against the wall. "Who are you? Where are we?" I asked, then to clarify, I added. "Are we in Taegrin Caelum?" The medic's eyes were wide in horror, she didn't know what was happening.

"Scythe Nico, relax, please, let me help you." She pleaded, and I released the spell, allowing her to move away from the spike. "Yes, you are in Taegrin Caelum, your core was broken, and you've been unconscious for quite some time."

"H-how long?" I asked, wondering how long I was out for. "How long was I out?" I exclaimed once again as she stepped into the room, her eyes still wide, but I wasn't feeling any anger, which was surprising to me.

"Two weeks." She said softly, and my eyes widened, I was out for two weeks! "Your core was damaged, the Legacy healed it, but it took some time for you to adjust to the pain and wake up." She motioned for me to sit back down, so I did, calming myself, this felt great, I wasn't angry, I was calm.

"What has happened while I was out?" I asked as she got closer to me and started to examine my body. She lifted my arm, looking at it, then my chest, making sure I was okay, but each time she moved me, a rush of pain shot around my body.

"Nothing really." She told me, backing up, our eyes meeting as I leaned back. "The man known as Grey left, and Virion Leywin killed Sovereign Kiros and joined him." She paused, then added. "The High Sovereign and his Legacy tried to capture them, but failed in front of the people, it showed weakness." So, Grey took me out, then Virion took Kiros out, wow, that is a big hit to Agrona.

"They escaped?" I asked, and she nodded her head. "Is Cecilia, okay?" I asked, needing to know if my beloved was killed or not. "Did she escape? Did Grey kill her?" She shook her head, and I felt a sense of relief spread throughout my body.