Reclaiming Xyrus Pt. IV

Arthur Leywin

I could sense Virion walking my way, we had just cleared a couple of streets within Xyrus, killing a decent number of troops, something that I didn't want to do, but was forced into doing. There were a lot of soldiers alive though, just like I thought, some surrendered as they felt our aura, some surrendered when they witness me killing their friends and leaders.

'You feeling what I am?' Regis asked through our mental link as he appeared by my side as we waited for Virion and his bond, Hades, to catch up to us. They were walking calmly, Veer was covered in blood, but I wasn't worried about that, I know that is just how his blood magic works, however, what Regis was feeling, was what I was.

'Yes.' I responded to my bond, looking at Veer. 'He probably killed more than he had to, but it is too late now to complain, and I don't want to anger him right now in a middle of a mission.' We had to be on good terms at the moment, I know he gets mad when I bring his mental health up.

"Almost done." Veer yawned, cracking his neck as he arrived by my side. "Regis, you are looking good with blood in your flames." Regis chuckled a little from my brother's words, then shook his mane, shaking the blood off.

Veer reached his hand out as his giant bond shrunk and entered his body through his hand. "I think that these soldiers will just surrender Veer, look at what we just did, they know that they won't be able to defeat us." I told my brother, I expected him to reply with some attitude saying how we should kill them, but he simply nodded his head and looked in the direction of the force. "Regis."

Regis jumped into my body like Veer's bond did, and I turned with my brother towards the force. "How are you?" I asked, side eyeing him, trying to check up on him without making him angry. "Did you get injured at all?"

"These Lessers couldn't injure me." Veer said with a straight face as we started to walk toward the force, they were further down the street, and behind a building in an open space, the space where they announced the Lances. "What about you?" Veer said to me, looking me in the eyes as we walked steadily down the street where no one was, leaving behind the streets we littered with corpses and soldiers who surrendered.

"I'm good, all my wounds were healed within seconds." I assured him, giving him a slight smile, even though this was not really a smiling matter. "I was hoping more of them would surrender, but I guess I was wrong, at least a couple of them did, so that's nice."

Veer nodded, but I could tell he didn't really agree, but he didn't say it, so it made me feel better, like he was learning to control his thoughts. "I would say there are a lot of them alive though, so I think your plan was a success." He shook his head, smiling a little. "I just don't feel right, I don't know what it is, something is off."

"What?" I asked him, confused a little, I felt fine, we were going to retake the city. "Maybe it is the fact that Scythe Viessa is still hidden somewhere, I don't think there is any reason to worry right now." I didn't, I could only sense the people here within the city, and there weren't enough of them to defeat us.

"I know, it is probably nothing." Veer said, shaking his head. "Forget that I brought it up, let's just do this, and call it a day." We flew up slightly, flying over a building, then the seven thousand soldiers that were left came into view. "Oh, and Damon is done, I can feel him waiting for us."

"Oh, nice, thanks for letting me know." I told him, wondering if he killed more than he was told to, I didn't fully trust him, he was Veer's creation, he was most likely only loyal him, not me at all, but at the moment, I was thankful for his help. "Okay, don't attack unless I do."