Limitations Broken

It's been four days since everything has gone down with Kezess and the deal we made. It really didn't affect me at all, he wouldn't attack Dicathen if Arthur honored the deal and showed him how to use aether. I had no part in the deal, he says that it keeps me under his control as I needed to watch myself to keep Arthur and the continent alive, but truthfully it didn't change anything for me, it just bought me time, making sure Kezess didn't attack.

The rebellion is about to start, not start, but we are about to retake the continent. Damon was happy about being on Kezess's radar, he didn't care, he was ready to fight three more dragons, and he would kill them too.

Nithe and Seris activated the shield array in Alacrya, and their rebellion has started. I've heard that Caera and him have been bonding, which was a good thing, he was making friends with others that weren't powerful like him.

Raven and Rosa have been sitting in the Grotto for the past week, I know they wanted to leave, but they also know that there isn't anywhere for them to go at the moment. I do have them helping Melody and Cassandra solve some issues, like the mana rings I made to control the blood army, they are creating more of them for me.

Arthur was by the quarry with Mica and Bairon, I was with Aya, sitting in the medical room with her. I told her about everything, the meeting with Kezess, how frustrated I was with some of Arthur's decisions, but she was always talking me down, or trying to.

"Veer." Aya said my name as I leaned on her bed with my elbows by her side. "How is Hades? Is there any way he is almost done? I want to help in the battles, I can't, I can't stay here anymore." I was looking in her eyes as I turned my head and laid it on the bed by her side, on the soft blanket.

"Hades." I said my bond's name out loud, trying to reach him. "How is it going?" Aya was silent as she waited for a respond, but she wasn't going to hear one, he was inside of her, so he could only speak through our connection, but could hear everything out here.

'Good.' Hades said. 'If you want, if she wants, I could try leaving her spin. I don't know if it is strong enough to hold itself, but we can see.' I thought about it, but I think this decision should be hers, not mine.

"What is he saying?" Aya asked, her eyes full of curiosity. "Just tell me, tell me honestly, I am okay with anything, I just want to know the progress, but know I am thankful for everything." I lifted my head, still leaning on the bed with one elbow as I faced her.

"Aya, Hades can't tell how much progress he has made, but if you want, he can try to free your spine." I told her, then made sure to add one small detail. "However, if he does this, you need to know that it will most likely be very painful if it still needs more time to realign."

Aya looked at me, thinking about what she wanted to do. "I know, I want to try though, Veer, I do, I want to know if can move regularly again." I felt a smile form on my face as I thought about it, wanting it to work out for her.

"Are you sure?" I asked, and but I could see in her eyes that she wanted this. "I'll try to dim the pain, but like last time, the spine is a very sensible area, and it'll be hard to totally get rid of it for you."

"I don't care." Aya said, her voice had a sense of pride. "Hades is blocking me from connecting to my limbs, hopefully, when he leaves my spine, I regain control of my body." I wasn't going to say it to her, but even when he leaves her, and she does regain control, it is going to be extremely painful as she regains feeling and builds muscle back up. "Do it."

"You heard her." I said out loud, and Hades moved away from Aya's spine, and towards her chest. I could see some light in her eyes as he did this, like she was feeling something, so I dug into her blood and manipulated it so she wouldn't feel as much pain.