Distractions Around the Continent

Damon Leywin

I stood in Vechor, waiting, wondering if Agrona was going to send anyone my way. The attack in Sehz-Clar was going on, I'm sure it's going the way I wanted. I don't even know why I am standing here right now; the Wraiths won't come for me.

There were now two hundred and fifty blood troops within the Dominion of Vechor, but I was going to hide them, there was no need to lose any more than we have already. The Wraiths here still numbered in the thousands, so the fight wouldn't be so one sided.

Arthur was fighting the Legacy in Maerin at the moment, soon our time will come, and I'll have to go into Etril to retrieve something, or someone. I conjured a stone seat and sat down; this was all just a waste of time. 

We needed a way into Taegrin Caelum, and the original plan was to get Melzri or Dragoth to open a portal for us, however, things changed as Agrona made it literally impossible for anyone to teleport in or out without his say so.

He put Vritras in charge of it and made sure that the portals only open when a Vritra in the inside does it, but that Vritra has the ability to see things, I don't know, he has a weird ability. Basically, Melzri and Dragoth went to waste as they couldn't open a portal for us, and we couldn't take the place of them.

Arthur was the key now, a plan that was made last second, a smart one, or bad one, it depends on the outcome and if any of it is possible or not. I don't understand how it'll work, but if it does, the plan was ingenious.

He was the one that actually came up with the plan, well, sort of, he inspired the idea of the plan to get us in, or well, me in. I felt bad for what needed to be down, but it would all make sense eventually. My brother would fall to the sword of Cecilia, a fate that Agrona wants, and wouldn't be surprised by.

We had to aid her in the battle of course, there is a clone there with no life force, blocking Arthur's exterior mana, it's for the best. We need to make sure that he loses, and this is the best way, plus we can control how he loses.

Everything is getting taken care of in Sehz-Clar, Dragoth is leading the force into a trap, well, I wouldn't call it a trap, it was a fake trap. We were wasting two hundred and fifty troops, but we needed Agrona to drop his guard completely. 

He wanted his vessel, so if he didn't get it, he needed some other good news, killing Arthur and driving out a large force would be that news. It wasn't all true news, but it was good enough, he'll be happy, and then will die.

---

As I was sitting here, thirty minutes went by, and I felt a sudden pressure coming towards me, it was only a unit of Wraiths. Why? They know they can't fight me; it doesn't make sense; they won't survive a fight with me. 

I stood up from my seat, allowing the stones to break and crumble back into the ground, and as they did, the five Wraiths came out of the shadows of the trees around me. "Hello." I said, looking at them, the five Vritras were staring at me with killing intent, not caring who I was, not knowing who I was. "Did you five really come here alone?"

"We are only messengers." The one to my right said, he had long black hair, red eyes, and wasn't bulky, but wasn't super skinny either. "Surrender yourself now, join our side, and we will offer you asylum while your force is being force away."

"I'm good." I said, shooting a wind blade at the Wraith who spoke, a shield formed, and as my wind blade hit it, the ground shook. "Why would I do such a stupid thing? Asylum with Agrona means nothing but death."