Sparring with the Fish People

Ivy Leywin

I was standing on the beach, water was to my left as I faced the fish person named Holden, the heir to the clan. There were other Leviathans present, they were to my right off the beach, standing on a platform looking down at us.

Hersius was one of them, I could tell her was strong, his aura was like my father's, but the other Leviathans were still unknown to me. I knew his wife, but the others I did not, there were a lot of soldiers watching, so I knew that I had to hide my abilities.

I couldn't use my true powers, my Hamadryad Beast Will my father extracted from the one he killed. I was to only use that in life or death situations, the more information we give out, the more that can be used against us.

"Are you, ready?" Holden asked, the water from the ocean came streaming towards him, circling his body as I stood there. I was at a huge disadvantageous, I was more of a plant based fighter, acid, all that, and right now, there were none, I was currently growing them underground while we stood here, preparing to use them.

"Are you sure you want to fight me alone?" I asked him, looking at the other Leviathans, wondering if any of them would like to join in. I think he is a young Leviathan, so he is still training, he most likely isn't that strong.

"I think I'll be fine." Holden told me, water was still circling him, revealing his face at times, other times it was hidden. "Just make sure that you don't go crying to your father after I win." I smirked, then shrugged, waving my hand for him to begin.

Water shot at me, but the air in front of me became acidic, and as the water hit it, the acid vaporized the spell. I watched as the stream of water kept colliding with the acidic air, vaporizing at a constant rate. The look on Holden's face was one of curiosity, same with the others, I was only going to use my acidic and plant magic.

The water stopped, then a stream of water came from the ocean, hitting an acidic air shield, then Holden shot at me, water circling his arms, the stream of water still came from my side. I could see it all coming, I was ten steps ahead of his movements, but that was only due to my special abilities no one here could see or know I was performing.

I dodged a punch from Holden, brought my knee up into his gut, but it was deflected away from a shield of water, then I pushed acid out of my skin and onto the ground, making it painful for him to walk on. He quickly backed up, noticing the spell, shooting water at the acid to calm it down, but it wasn't working.

I grew plants out of the ground where he was standing, trying to grab his feet, slowing him down or making him trip. The stream of water stopped coming from the ocean, then water came back to Holden, and he stopped moving as he shot water scythes into the plants, destroying them, then looked up at me.

"So, you specialize in acidic and plant magic, that is very interesting." Holden pointed at my head. "Are you part elf?" I reached up and touched my ears, then nodded my head, that wasn't anything I needed to hide.

"Is this all you can do?" I asked, tilting my head. "It is somewhat disappointing, I thought you were going to be much, much stronger." I wasn't even trying, I know the fight had just begun, but still, his movements were so slow, I could see them with ease.

"I'm not supposed to go all out." He told me, smirking as he shot at me, picking up his speed, but he was still not moving at anything I couldn't keep up with. I dodged a punch that had water coming out of his fist and shooting past me, then I grew a plant up right in between us, deflecting any other attack he wanted to throw at me.

I conjured an acidic sword in my hand, watched as water sliced through the vines, then he came flying through. The water extended out towards me, but I brought my blade up and cut it, vaporizing it, then spun around and kicked him in the chest. I dodged a stream of water coming at me from the ocean, rolled under a water scythe, then raised my one arm growing vines around the beach, forcing him to react to everything.