Attack on Vildorial Pt. IV

Virion Leywin

I was walking towards the two flames, their eyes on me, the fear was clear. I reached into their cores and took control, making it so they couldn't use any mana externally. I wiped some leftover blood that got on my face off and got ready to end this.

"N-no." I could hear the one Wraith say, their voice was filled with fear, it was very clear. "I-impossible, we-we were defeated so quickly?" Her eyes snapped to Arthur, and I could hear her add. "You two truly are asuras." At least she had common sense, jeez, sometimes the people I fight say stupid fucking comments.

The flames around Arthur were still blazing, and I noticed that there was a device underneath him. I looked a little closer, and realized that it was a teleportation device, I wonder if they were trying to flee or something.

"It's over!" Arthur shouted, catching me off guard for a split second as the purple flames devoured the one Wraith closest to him, leaving nothing behind. It left one Wraith left who was now on his knees like the other one was a second ago, and I could feel his core pushing mana out, but I didn't allow a spell to form. He was most likely a shield, but if Arthur was smart, he would have killed them first. "Haha."

I noticed that Arthur's flesh around his arms was being burnt away, the flames around him were growing rapidly, and the look in his face was one I didn't really notice. He seemed to be enjoying this, something I didn't think I would see on him to be honest. It seemed like these flames are what is causing it.

I stopped right behind the last Wraith as I held his body still, controlling the blood in his body, making it so he couldn't do anything, even though there was nothing he could do. "I like this side of you." I told my brother as I grabbed the back of the neck of the Wraith. "It's more entertaining when you let loose and kill people."

"Stop!" Arthur yelled at me. "We can take him as prisoner, maybe get some information from him." I could sense that the flames were burning more and more, his eyes seemed fierce. "I'm losing control of the flames."

"Alright?" I asked my brother, wondering what I was supposed to do for him. I conjured an ice dagger out of my hand that was wrapped around the back of the neck of the Wraith, killing him, then releasing his body. "Just put them out?"

"I can't." Arthur said, the flames started to spread toward me. "Regis, get out, it'll stop it." It looked like it was hard for him to say that, like that wasn't what he truly wanted, he wanted to keep the flames going.

I watched as Regis leapt out of the blade in Arthur's hand and appeared between us. I just stood there as the flames got a little closer, not really knowing what they would do to me, but it did interest me, which was bad.

"V-Veer, why did you kill him?" Arthur asked me as Regis's eyes stared at Arthur as he tried to put the flames out on his body. "We could have questioned him, maybe got some information that could have been useful."

"My bad." I shrugged as the flames stopped spreading, and started to die down, the ones on his flesh stopped, and I watched as aether started healing him. "I didn't really care about prisoners, and there was no need to question him."

Arthur shook his head as the flames vanished away. "Well, look on the bright side, we just killed twenty beings who are supposed to be able to kill asuras, meaning you two are somewhere above the strength of a regular asura."

"Yeah, I'm with the wolf." I said, motioning towards Regis with a smile on my face. "A bunch of pussies, jumping us like this though, they would be powerless in one on one fights, yet think they are so strong."

"I didn't think about it like that." Regis said, nodding his wolf's head. "Yeah, pussies, that's a good name for them. It takes five of them to kill one asura, yeah, Arthur, I love your brother." I chuckled a little to myself, then started walking towards Arthur.