The Fallen

We walked for about another minute, and that's when Kathyln's body came into view, I was already healing her, but at the sight, Queen and King Glayder sprinted to her. "Kathyln, darling!" Queen Glayder said, bending down to the girl leaning against the wall, a hole in her chest that was starting to close due to me. "Are you alright? You'll be fine! Healers!"

She waved for people, and as King Glayder stepped on the other side of his daughter, holding her head, I waved the healers off. "I'm healing her, it's fine, they won't be able to do much for that wound, but I can close it." 

"Please, help her." Queen Glayder said as Arthur, Ellie, and I stood around them, the people behind us still crying from everything that was going on, the people were keeping their distance. "Please, Virion."

Kathyln wasn't speaking, the look in her eyes, well, there was no look in her eyes, she was just staring down at the ground like she was dead. "I am." I told her again, still using blood magic to heal her. 

"Veer, you got this?" Arthur asked, looking at me, then Kathyln, then back to me.

"Yeah." I told him, the wound had already closed, and when it closed, I could see the life in her eyes fade away, and close. "I'd have someone pick her up, I'll heal her more as we walk through the tunnels, we need to get out of here still and find everyone else."

"Are you sure that is wise?" King Glayder asked, and I held out my arms, not knowing what was wise or not, I just knew I wasn't going to stand here in the tunnel and heal her while we could be doing the same thing while we made our way out of this place.

"Sure." I said, waving it off, pushing aether into her, and this caused Arthur to snap his head at me, feeling what I was doing. "Oh, yeah, I'm also part dragon now, I have the healing abilities that..." I paused, not even wanting to say it, but I eventually did. "...that Sylvie had."

"I didn't know that." He said, looking at me, then turned to the Glayders. "He's right though, if he can heal her while we get out of here, that would be for the best." He paused, looking at the King, then to Kathyln. "I want what is best for her as well, and staying here isn't that."

"Alright." King Glayder said, waving for two guards. "Lay her down on a stretcher, the medics should have one, and keep her close to Lance Virion" The guards nodded, and we waited, then eventually after some time we started moving again. 

I continued to heal her as we walked through the tunnels, the groups we came across joined us, no one that I really cared about where within those groups, no offense to them or anything, but I didn't really know who some of them were.

After about twenty minutes of painfully maneuvering through these god forsaken tunnels, we came across another group that had someone important within it, important to me. The look on his face when we came across him was one of both shock and annoyance.

"Arthur, Virion?" He said, looking at us. "I should have known it would have been the two of you to save our sorry asses." Gideon said, spitting on the ground, mud all over his face. "It's safe to come out." 

"It's good to see you too, old man." Arthur said, looking at him with an amused face as the people came pouring out of the room they were hiding in, their faces one of joy as they saw us and joined the civilians in the back. "Emily, it's good to see you as well." Behind Gideon, walking towards us was the green haired girl, dirt all over her as well.

"Yeah, it's good see the two of you." Emily said, giving us a faint smile, I returned it, trying to be nice. "The asura never came this way, so we were fine." She looked down the hall where I felt more people. "I think everyone in this tunnel made it through, there were like five other groups down there."