Betrayed

Cecilia shot in front of her, protecting her from me, then brought her sword up, and the two of us went at it again. Our blades connected over and over, cutting one another at times, and as we came to a sliding stop, Melzri joined us once again.

"Are you okay?" Cecilia asked, and she nodded. "We need to kill him; we need kill him for Nico." The two got ready to launch at me again, even though Melzri was outmatched, she was somewhat keeping up with us. It was clear she wasn't as strong, but she was coordinating her attacks with Cecilia perfectly, that's to be expected though from a Scythe.

I got ready as well, and the three of us shot at one another again, I could feel my wounds all healed up. Cecilia was good as well, her wounds seemed to be completely healed. Melzri's were still somewhat opened, blood was dripping onto the ground, but she seemed fine. 

I dodged a blast of wind and ice, rolled to the side, deflected a sword away from me and into the ground, swung my sword up and cut Cecilia's chest, then stepped back and dodged Mezlri's blade. I was about to drive my sword into her, but a mana spike shot up and went in between us.

Cecilia appeared by my side and our blades connected, then Melzri shot at my side, and I god stepped away before she could do anything, then god stepped back into them. 'Your old bond is quite strong with aether now.'  Regis thought to me as he fought Sylvie. 'It's hard not killing her.'

I didn't have time to respond as I dodged Cecilia's blade, then rolled out of the way of a wind blade and an ice shard, stepped back and allowed a bolt of electricity hit in front of me. I tried to use my mana but still couldn't, I had no reason why. 

I looked around and shot through an ally, feeling them behind me, and as I did, I felt a power source open behind me, it was a portal. I spun around as Cecilia was on me, her blade connecting with my own, and then Melzri's slicing through air and missing me as I side stepped it.

"It's over for you now, Grey, I am sorry." She said, and I looked past her and back through the alley as Melzri was coming back at me after missing, and I could see ten Wraiths stepping out of the portal. 

I turned back to Cecilia, she seemed different from the last time I fought her not so long ago, but she was not going to betray Agrona, not if he had threatened Nico. I god stepped away right as Melzri's blade came down, and appeared on the roof of a house that was still standing.

The town of Maerin was destroyed, there were barely any houses still up, not just from my fight, but from Sylvie and Regis. Sylvie was in her dragon form, and Regis was in his large wolf form, so when they were by buildings, they crumbled as they hit them. 

Cecilia and Melzri shot up to the roof with me as I overlooked the town, their eyes on me, waiting for any movement. The Wraiths were working their way around us, circling me, making sure I couldn't get away, which I probably couldn't.

'This isn't good Arthur.' Regis said, feeling the Wraiths. 'I almost feel like this was a set up.'

'Same.' I said, agreeing with him. 'But how, I don't understand the meaning of it, what does Veer get?' I thought to Regis, but he was as confused as me. 'Regis, get out of here, warn the others.' I told him, but I felt and could see him shake his head from where I was on the roof.

'I am not leaving you dickhead.' He told me, and Cecilia shot at me, I side stepped, mana spikes grew, then I god stepped into Melzri's but as I did, she vanished away, not like from how fast she was, it was an illusion, and as my blade shot through it, the Wraiths dived bombed me, appearing on the small roof with us.

"Don't damage his core!" Cecilia said, and I god stepped to the ground and shot through the city as I dodged a wind, ice, and fire spell that destroyed the house they were standing on. They all followed me, and my thoughts started to race.