Your Husband is Dead

Bairon Wykes

I was flying back through the city, hovering over the thousands of soldiers preparing for an incoming battle that hopefully never came. The citizens who weren't going to fight helped build and did what they could to help out. 

I was making my way to the palace, needing to fill them in on all I had just heard. I did not know how I was going to do it, I mean, telling them this information was going to be hard. I also don't know if it is true, Ivy said it was, and I do believe her, I don't think she would lie, but she is Virion's daughter.

I landed on the ground in front of the palace, the guards by the stairs bowed their heads to me as I stepped up the stairs, preparing to tell them this crucial information. Arthur Leywin was supposedly dead, this was going to be hard, I am not good in these types of situations.

The door was opened for me, and as I stepped into the main hall, Aya was there, looking at me with a confused glance. "I thought you were going to check up on the mana fluctuation?" She asked, curious on why I was back already.

"I did." I told her, stopping my approach on her as we stood within the center of the room. "It was one of Virion's children with some dragons." Aya's eyes widened at those words. "It was fine, nothing happened, but I did learn something, and maybe it would be best to tell you first, see what you think."

"Wait, which child?"

"It was Ivy, she had green hair, just as described from what I remember." She nodded her head from my words, knowing who I was talking about. "But Aya, what she told me, it was, it's bad if it is true."

"Well, what did she tell you?" Aya asked, looking at me with the same confused expression. 

"She told me that the Legacy, the one we were told about, the one named Cecilia, she killed Arthur." Aya's eyes widened in horror and disbelief, trying to wrap her mind around what I had just said to her. "Yeah." I said as she didn't answer, in shock. "I can't believe it, I don't, he is above us all in strength, he has a baby on the way, he can't be dead right now."

"Did it seem like she was lying?" She asked, and I shook my head slowly, to me, it seemed like she was telling the truth. "It can't be true, that would, that would kill Princess Tessia." I think that may be true, it would hurt a lot of people, including his mother.

"That's what I am thinking, and I am debating keeping it a secret." I told Aya, but she shook her head. "If we tell them that Arthur is dead, Tessia, Alice, Ellie, and some others would break down, and it could be bad."

"You can't keep a secret like that to yourself even if it is a lie." Aya told me. "I think if you phrase it correctly, it'll be fine, because I doubt that any of it is true." I hoped it was a lie, but I don't know, I don't see the benefit from a lie like that.

"But that's why I don't feel like I have to tell them, if I did, and it was a lie, then we would be playing into something that Virion has planned." She nodded my head from my words. "I'll tell them, you are right though, I just have to be careful in the way I state this information."

"Yeah." Aya nodded. "I'll come with you to do it, but I think it's best for you to say it." I didn't agree with that, but I'll be the one to do it, I'll take the responsibility of telling Tessia that her husband is dead. "The Princess and the Leywin family are in the dining hall."

"Alright." I said, feeling them, and as we started towards the dining hall, I started to speak a little. "If it is true, Aya, we are in a lot of trouble." I paused, then went on, talking about the issue at hand. "Arthur was the only one holding the asuras back, he said he made a deal with them, if he is dead, then they may attack, and with the approaching army, if he didn't fight alongside us, we would be in trouble."