Taking in Refugees

(One Week Later)

Virion Leywin

I sat in the city, on top of a large building, one of the larger ones I should say. It wasn't super big, but but enough so I could overlook the people. I hated them, I hated all of them. I didn't care that they were innocent civilians, they were Alacryans, families of my enemies.

This city was merely a barrier for me, if Agrona was going to get me, he was going to have to murder a lot of his people. There were already forty thousand people here, soldiers and civilians, there were around twenty thousand soldiers alone outside the city as well. So, in total there were around sixty thousand Alacryans in the city of Aramoor alone.

The people from Truacia were coming here as well, I just needed to find room for them, and open a portal to the city Nithe is in. When they arrive Nithe will continue with Raven to the city of Itri to take on an army, I was planning on meeting him there, but Ivy brought up a good point.

There were already so many people here within the city, I didn't really have a need for more Lessers. They wouldn't really help me in a fight against Agrona's vritras, all they would be is fodder, and a distraction, a distraction for both sides. Then again, thirty thousand troops are thirty thousand troops.

I haven't decided yet, Nico was handed over to Agrona yesterday, that was a nice little scene. I shouldn't say handed over, it seemed like they let him out of the shield, and he flew off, so there really wasn't an exchange.

"Huh." Hades made a noise as he slithered out onto the edge with me, looking out over the city as well. "It's almost time to bring in the refugees." He told me, and I nodded my head, not really thinking about them right now, I knew that they could be moved with ease, so it didn't really matter.

There was a long silence as we just sat there. I could sense the people roaming, doing whatever they wanted, helping out where they could. "Did you talk to the clone in Maerin?" I asked, looking forward still.

"Yeah." Hades said, knowing what I was going to ask next. "It seems like your wife is loving it, being here with us." I knew she would, of course she would be happy being over here with me. I wasn't with her all the time, but she was alright with it.

The Leviathans and Dragons were going to go at it soon like I planned. Kezess was calling a meeting to talk to the other great leaders, that wasn't happening for a while yet, even with his power, he didn't want to disturb the balance by whipping out another clan.

I now had a spy inside, that was another reason I wanted to see Kezess. While I was talking to him, I slipped a blood clone into the city they reside in. They wouldn't be able to sense it, not in the state it is in.

"She doesn't like that you aren't there all the time, but she's getting over it, she knows she can't be with you at all times." Hades continued speaking, it was like he was trying to make me happy or something, but I didn't know why, I was fine. "Are you okay, Veer?"

"Hades, you can read my mind, you know what's going on." I told him, somewhat snapping at him. I could sense Ivy moving through the town, heading my way, most likely going to speak to me about something.

"I know I can read your mind, but that doesn't always mean I know what is going on within your head." He told me, looking up at me from my side, but I didn't pay attention to him. "You block some of your memories and thoughts from me at times, so no, I don't know what's going on."

"I didn't block anything, so if you don't suspect anything, then let it be." I told him, getting to my feet and looking down at him. "I'm just bored, that's the truth, and when I am not having fun, I get cranky,"