A Short Trip

(One Week Later)

Tessia Eralith

I was sitting on the couch, alone in the living room, my stomach was getting bigger, not that much, but it was. I was going to Etistin today, the Glayders and my parents are meeting, and I decided to go into the city in the meantime. I've learned that fresh air helps with the morning sickness that I get throughout the day for some reason.

However, there was also a healer in Etistin's palace, one that is good with the birth of babies that is going to check me out to make sure everything is okay. My parents were supposed to meet me here, but it's been a good ten minutes, and they are nowhere in sight.

Alice, who has been so nice to me, helping out whenever she can, was currently in the city getting supplies with Tabitha. I had no clue where anyone else was, they were up and about, planning defenses, all that, we didn't know if there would be another attack or not. I only wished that I could fight, but I couldn't, I don't even know the last time I sparred or activated my Beast Will.

I got up very slowly, looking towards the exit that led to the front door of the Helstea mansion. I would have had to go down the stairs to get there, but as I was walking towards the door, a boy with sunglasses on came walking into the room.

"Veer?" I said questioningly, and he smiled at me. "What are you doing here?" I didn't know where he was, or if he was already here, he usually goes to Xyrus, I thought he was there training the soldiers or something.

"I'm coming with you to Etistin." Veer told me with a smile on his face as he fixed his sunglasses. "It's pretty sunny there, and I'm going to be traveling with you, can't let anything happen while Arthur is gone." I smiled back at him as he held the door open for me, motioning me to go forward.

"Well, thank you." I said as I stepped out of the room, and I noticed my parents across the hall, they were walking my way, but at the sight of me they smiled and turned down the stairs on the other side. "I appreciate that you are willing to come with me."

"Of course." Veer said, following me down the steps so that we could meet up with my parents at the bottom. "Arthur wanted me to make sure that you are safe, so that is exactly what I am going to do."

"Where's Kathyln?" I asked, turning to meet his eyes, knowing she is interested in Veer. "The two of you have been hanging out a lot recently, I'm just surprised she wasn't here with you, or that she didn't want to go home to see her parents."

Veer pointed toward the door, and I watched as it opened, and Kathyln walked in with two guards stopping on the sides. "She's coming with us, she was in the city doing something, I don't know what, but she wanted to come with."

"Oh, nice." I said, reaching the bottom of the stairs, joining my parents in the middle of the entrance hall. "I should have known you were coming with; you are the only one who can teleport us to the palace from here."

"Yes, it is a nice trick." My father said, patting Veer on the shoulder as Kathyln joined us. "And Princess Kathyln, I'm guessing you are coming with us, back to see your parents." She nodded her head as Veer opened a portal in front of us.

"Why the glasses?" Kathyln asked, looking at Veer as he seemed relaxed, wearing a long black sleeve in grey pants, he was actually in a somewhat fancy outfit. "I have to admit, they look quite nice."

"Thanks." Veer said to her, nodding his head as my parents stepped into the portal, then I followed. "I want to enjoy my time within the city." The portal flashed my eyes, then we were in the palace, the entrance room to it, and within it stood twenty guards and the Glayders who were waiting for us.