The Battle for Etril Pt. VI

Raven Leywin

The Wraith army was coming at us, the four hundred thousand blood troops were prepared, in battle formations. The Reapers in the front, the Hellspawn in the air, and the Hellhounds behind got ready to run through their force, killing in areas where they could. 

Of course, straight up, the blood troops verse the Wraiths are not an equal fight, they were much, much stronger, well, in one on one fights. We outnumbered them drastically, there was no way in hell they could win with the plan at hand, my father was brilliant, even while his real body was unconscious.

"Here we go." I said with a smile on my face as Rosa stood beside me. "I only wish I could fight and hold off the Legacy." Rosa nodded her head, I could sense Melody and Cassandra teleporting away, heading to Sehz-Clar where the barrier was still active, but a battle was on its way.

"Same." Rosa said, the two of us started to step up, walking through our back lines, and as we did, the front lines started to go at it. "But we know our job, to hold them back for as long as possible, until they kill enough of the blood troops."

"Yes, yes, yes." I said, conjuring five blood clones, letting them spread out in a line across the battlefield, void blades appearing in their hands as we got closer and closer. There was nothing but chaos up ahead, screams of war could be heard across the field. "Just kill and survive, that's our only mission right now."

Rosa and I separated a little more, and I locked in, facing forward, conjuring my own void blades in my hands, spinning them as I prepared to launch into their force. I could see shields in the front, protecting their strikers, the Wraiths that were going in headfirst. 

The Wraiths were working in unison, protecting one another, killing and killing, doing whatever they wanted, dealing major blows to our force. I took a deep breath and prepared myself mentally, not knowing if any of this was going to workout but knowing that it was going to be fun.

All of my father's clones were in the city, waiting for the right time to attack, they were the plan, but we needed some time. They couldn't really do anything just yet, that's what we were doing, our job, we were buying them time.

"Ahahahahah!" I laughed, shooting into the force, ducking under a blade as I passed the Reapers. My void blade came up, slid into the one's chest, killing him, then collided with a spear, then a shield.

I dodged an ice shard, rolled under a wind blade, conjured a soulfire wall that ate a spell in the air as it came down on me. I turned and deflected a sword to the ground, then drove my blade forward, but felt it hit a shield. I used my illusion magic to appear behind him, and I swung my sword through the back of his neck, cutting his head off.

I then started conjuring multiple illusions of myself all around the field as my clones went to work in the distance. The Reapers were getting slaughtered, but dealing damage of their own at times, killing some of them, and the Hellhounds were running through them in certain areas. The Hellspawn were coming from above us, swiping at their heads, getting killed or hit out of the sky at times, but this battle was brutal, and it was merely getting started.

My illusions were now roaming, throwing attacks, and forcing shields to be conjured, they were now unable to track me at all. They were going to need luck to cast the right shield at the right time to stop me from killing them, which meant it was time to have some fun!

My blade cut a man in half, the top half of his body fell to the ground, I spun, deflected a sword, dart away, dodged an acidic vine, cutting it to pieces, spinning and deflecting a spear. I vanished before them, disguising myself, beheading another, spinning to a girl as she shot an ice blade at my head.