Etril Pt. I

Kiloph

I was in the training room within the Grotto, it was below the tunnels that housed all the troops. There wasn't anyone here any longer that I needed to train, all five of the children were out in the field.

However, within this training ground, around me, stood ten Reapers, blood soldiers that Virion Leywin, my King created. I was told to be ready, I was going to be sent to Etril at some point, the edge, to investigate.

The Reapers around me held swords in each hand, their fangs in their human like figures are going to scare the hell out of normal mages. I was in my black armor, holding a spear in my hand, getting ready to fight them. The spear had a blade at the top of it where I pushed soulfire out of when I had to.

I was wearing a command ring, it's what allows us to control the blood beast, but they have to be programmed to the user, so that no one can just use them. The Reapers were waiting for me to send word for them to attack me, their eyes didn't leave me, they were studying my movements.

Even though they were technically mana beasts, these creatures were on a whole other level, they had the ability to adapt to certain situations. Additionally, each one of them had blood magic, not like King Virion, not even close, but they were programed to manipulate blood outside of their body to use as weapons. If they were to die on the battlefield, which was likely, they were strong, but I would still only classify them as C or D class mana beast.

I send the order to attack me, and the Reapers shot at me, swinging their swords toward my head, trying to whatever they could to kill me. I brought my spear up, deflected one sword, spun the spear, deflected another, then swung my spear at a Reaper coming at me, and out of the tip, soulfire shot out of it.

I watched as my black flames hit the Reaper and ate away at the spell that made it up, killing it slowly before it could come after me. I deflected another sword, dodged some blood, blocked a strike towards my face, then swung my spear through one of their chests.

I spun my spear around, deflecting and blocking their strikes as they sent more and more at me, then as I was backing up, I shot soulfire flames out of the tip of the spear, killing two more. I side stepped a sword, brought my spear into its throat, pulled it out and swung it through another.

Blood shot out of one of them, countless blood bullets were about to hit me, but I slammed my spear into the ground and a soulfire wall grew, eating the blood spell. My spear slashed through another, then I spun and swung my spear through another, leaving only one.

It shot more blood at me, I grew another wall of soulfire, shot through it, then appeared in front of it. My spear entered its throat, and I picked its body up off the ground, then slid it off my blade, leaving none of them alive. I stored my spear away, then turned to the figure I felt entered the room.

"Kiloph." Melody said, looking at me as she slowly approached. "It's time." Walking up behind her was Retainer Mawar. "Virion has sent word, it's time for you to get ready to go." They stopped before me, looking around at the dead Reapers that were dissolving into piles of blood. "You are to bring a unit of Reapers and Hellspawn."

"Alright." I told her, nodding my head. "Is Mawar coming with me?" I looked at the Retainer, wondering if she was coming along with me or not.

"No." Melody said. "Mawar is going to be staying here, you are going to be going by yourself." I nodded, I knew I was going to Etril, but not quite what I was responsible for. "Go get ready, when you are, meet me in the office, Cassandra will debrief you on what your mission is."

"Okay." I answered, the two separated and allowed me to walk through them, which I did, making my way to my room to grab my helmet, it was the only thing that I was missing. I didn't feel like I needed it while sparring in here with Reapers, I could take them on without getting injured, at least a small amount.