Laying the Plan Out

(One Week Later)

Arthur Leywin

Kordri and I walked through the hallway of the palace within Etistin, making our way to the council meeting that was going to start soon. Wren was in Xyrus, keeping an eye on my family, but was also working with Gideon. A combination I didn't want to be around, it was probably a bad idea that I introduced the two.

Chul was in a watch tower, alone, he was unique to say the least, but he was one of the only people I could trust really. There was no chance the mind slave spell got to him, but the fact was, I didn't know if I could trust Mordain yet, even if he has helped a decent amount in the past week.

"Are you ready?" Kordri asked, and I nodded my head. "It isn't going to be easy telling them that you are going to be leaving the continent." My family already knew Ellie was coming with me, to see Seri, she trained her.

"It'll be fine." I told him. "They will all understand, they know what has to be done." The guards along the hallways bowed to us, looking to the floor in what looked like fear and respect. "I'm leaving people behind who can handle themselves and take care of business if anything happens."

"I agree." Kordri responded. "I'm sure Wren and the others will be able to handle everything, I'm just happy you decided to bring me along with you." I nodded, I was going to leave him here, but Mordain and I decided against that. "I'll be able to aid you in the battle over there."

"I know, but that wasn't why I wasn't going to bring you." I told him. "I would feel better if you were here, protecting my family, but I know if you were there, you would help me in the battle against Agrona and Virion."

We arrived at the door to the council room, and the guards bowed to me, then opened it. I was the Commander of Dicathen now, a fact that King and Queen Glayder didn't like, or just King, he wanted to be in charge. I understand, but he wasn't the right ruler, not now, maybe not ever, I wasn't a big fan, and now that I think about it, Veer wasn't either.

The doors opened and we walked in, the people inside all stared at us as we entered, then stood up in front of their seats at the round table within the room, even the Kings and Queens. "Sit, no need for standing, we can't stay for long."

Everyone sat down, in the room was King and Queen Eralith and Glayder, Helen, Jasmine, Bairon, Aya, and Mica who was representing the dwarves. Kordri and I were the last to arrive, and as we took out seats, no one spoke, they just waited for me.

Kordri and I sat down, and I spoke again. "As you all heard, my brother has betrayed us." They all just looked at me with knowing expressions. "He plans on taking over Alacrya, and I plan on killing Agrona and stopping him."

"Arthur." Bairon said my name. "I know we already discussed it, but are we sure we can trust everyone in this room?" He looked from Mica to Kordri, talking about race and the mind slave spell Virion possessed. "I'm only asking because anything said here could be exposed to Virion if we are around the wrong person."

"Regis checked everybody, but I'm not sure." I told him, and everybody else in the room. "That's why I won't tell you all everything, and I hope you all understand, but with this mind slave spell active, we all have to be careful who we trust."

"We understand." Aya said, looking at me, fully healthy, a pleasant sight. "And I can't believe everything that has happened, I can't believe Virion would do what he did, and what he plans on doing."

"No one can." Queen Eralith said, nodding, but I could have seen it coming, I should have.

King Glayder was silent, he wasn't speaking, I didn't know why, but it was weird. "So, can we truly trust anybody now, Arthur?" Bairon continued asking about the mind slave spell, something we spoke about beforehand. "Virion could be in any of our heads, even mine."