Relaxing

Virion Leywin

We have been in Mayburn for about three hours now, we went with Darvus to see the people he spoke about, it was a pretty bad sight. The Alacryans had conjured pits to put mages and non mages in, and were throwing dirt and shit on them, it was filthy, and it was nasty, a couple of pits even had dead people in them.

I didn't really feel anything from rescuing them from the pits, or seeing the dead people within them, but I still questioned why Arthur wanted to keep them alive. I could see he did as well, and I think the next city may be different, he might end up killing a few Alacryans, especially cause I'm planning on setting a battle up. Viessa is taking care of it, Etistin should be easy to take, it'll be Xyrus where the battle is fought, it's the smart move for her to make.

We were sitting in a large office, like really large, I don't even know if it is an office. It was Darvus, Caria, Stannard, Arthur, Damon, and Tess who came. I opened a portal back to Vildorial, Arthur went and told her that her old team was here and wanted to see her, so she came.

Hades and Regis were outside the city, I wouldn't say guarding it, more just talking amongst each other, which could never be good. He hasn't sent any messages to me in a while, so I am assuming he is fine, I mean, both of them are asuran weapons, not much could do anything to them without me knowing.

I was sitting beside Damon, the seven of us were actually drinking, taking some time to relax after all the events that had happened this prior week. I shouldn't say all of us were drinking, I was, I was having a good time, slightly. The Alacryans left a big barrel of ale, so we were just enjoying ourselves, this was the first cup though, everyone else was on cup two or three.

"Come on Lance of Death, can you not handle your liquor?" Darvus said, looking at me as he tilted his head. He was feeling pretty good, I could tell, this was good for them though, the past year they were probably treated like shit, so relaxing, and making them feel safe is our priority.

Arthur looked at me, then made a smug face, and I rolled my eyes. "Fine." I took my cup and chugged it, gulping it down, then placing it back on the table. "Is that better for you, Darvus?" Arthur stood up, walked over to me and grabbed my cup.

"I'll get you some more." He told me, my brother didn't seem affected by the alcohol. "Damon, are you sure you are okay being the one in charge of us while we drink?" Damon nodded from beside me. He was like the volunteer mage if we were attacked, even though I could probably use blood magic to correct what the alcohol was doing from within me.

"So, you and Arthur are officially together, wow, that is good to hear." Caria said as Tessia and her snuggled together on the one couch like two schoolgirls gossiping. "I remember when you would always be talking about him while we ---"

Tessia covered Caria's mouth. "Stop." She told her, and I laughed as Arthur handed me another cup of ale. "That was a long time ago, there is no need to talk about it, okay?" Tessia removed her hand, and Caria laughed.

Arthur sat back down on the other cough, next to Stannard who was on the other end. Darvus was on the single couch, looking over at me still. "Come on, Tess, have some." Caria told her, holding out her cup.

"No, I haven't been feeling good, still don't really." Tessia told her, shooting Arthur a look, which he didn't seem understand, so she just turned back and spoke some more to Caria. "But I'm having a blast seeing you all again."

"Virion." Stannard said, taking a sip of his drink, then spoke to me. "We have heard a lot about you from the Alacryans, they said you showed up at something called the Victoriad, and you killed an Asura in front of the people."