Defeated by Vritra

Nico Sever

It's been a couple of days since our battle near Seris's estates, Cecilia and I were defeated, well, I think I could have killed that girl if I wanted, but I didn't, I knew she had a connection to Grey, so she was the key to getting him the message without anyone here finding out.

I was sitting in my room, alone, messing with my staff, fixing it up. This artifact gave me quite an advantage in the battle, I didn't expect it to be so useful in a fight, being able to use all four elements makes things a lot easier. It makes it clear why Grey was so strong compared to the other mages within Dicathen.

Melzri and Dragoth were here inside Taegrin Caelum, they were the only Scythes left beside me. Viessa was currently in Dicathen, but she was captured by Grey and Virion after the battle in Xyrus. Agrona's five hundred half-breed troops were slaughtered, and his plan, his so simple plan had failed him.

I was still trying to understand how they defeated five hundred half-breeds, to me, it seemed impossible, but they did it. I say that, but I am not mad or upset that they did what they did, I wanted them to survive. Agrona wasn't the key to saving Cecilia and living a good life, it was Grey and Virion. My new vision allows me to see that I was blinded by hate and love, but I know what I need to do now.

I placed the staff down, not needing to make any more corrections or fix anything on it and stood up from my deck. I pushed in my chair and made my way to my bed, feeling a little sore still, I had sparred a little with Melzri, trying to fix my core, it was still hard to use mana externally without the staff.

If I was able to fix my core's abilities, combining my original magic with the staff of the four elements, I would grow in strength. The spells will be endless for me, I'll be able to pick any I want, in any situation.

I sat on my bed, laying back on it, trying to figure out what I should do, there are countless issues that I have to deal with. There were also countless different thoughts and emotions battling each other inside of my mind.

Grey, he killed Cecilia in his old life, but he was the key to saving her in this one, so I couldn't kill him anymore, I needed him, even if he deserved to die. I had the ability to control how I thought about him, how I needed him, but I also had this feeling at times where in the end, he still should die.

I was also trying to wrap my head around the two Vritras at Seris's estates, I mean, even Agrona is confused. He was trying to understand how his Legacy, my beloved Cecila, was defeated. I told him that they were full blooded vritras, desribed them to him, and he didn't know who I was talking about. He said they didn't exist, at least before, but he didn't know who they were, which surprised me.

He looked just like Grey, and the other, that girl I saw while we were retreating, she reminded me for some reason of Viessa. I was, I don't know know, out of that whole battle, I only hoped that the girl I fought brought the message to Grey. If I see him again while I am with Cecilia, I will have to fight him, she wants to kill him just as much as I did, and all of that was because of me and how I talked about him.

"Knock. Knock. Knock." I sat up as the door opened, not able to sense who was there. Cecilia came walking in, a look of determination on her face, but when we made eye contact, her expression brightened a little.

"Cecil?" I said questioningly as she came closer to me. "What are you doing here?" I asked as she sat down beside me on my bed, the door closed, and I just turned to her. I was surprised that Sylvie wasn't here, the two were attached by the hip, their bond had grown quite significantly.

"Oh, I only wanted to come and see you." Cecilia said, leaning back on my bed. "It's been a rough morning, Agrona, he's been trying to figure out everything, had me training with a team of Wraiths, I don't know, I haven't really had time to rest."