Spying

Nico Sever

I had a plan, a plan that could get me out of here, get Cecilia out of here. It was a risk, it probably won't work, and I still need time to plan it all out, but in the end, it should fix everything, or just certain things. There were only a couple of people that might help me that are here right now, and they were who I was going to see.

I was walking through Taegrin Caelum by myself, Melzri and Dragoth weren't here, Cecilia was preparing for our mission, Sylvie was with Cecil, and Agrona was still in his lab experimenting on something or someone, I didn't know, nor did I want to know. I was tired, but it was early in the morning, I haven't been sleeping well.

I'm up all night trying to figure everything out, trying to comprehend what I should do. I knew I couldn't simply betray Agrona and try to kill him, I also had to deal with Cecilia who will protect Agrona till her death, which was my fault. Sylvie was the same way, she adored Agrona, a simple mind spell did that to her.

A couple of half-breed muts ran past me, not even looking at me as they made their way through the hall. I used to impose fear on these people, well, not these people, but they at least looked at me, after what Grey did to me, I'm nothing but a laughingstock. I deserved it though, I was acting like I was a god before, it's only right that I am treated as a Lesser now, since I was one.

I hoped that the girl got my message to Grey, I didn't know how she would be able to, but he needed to help. It was only a matter of time before we attacked again, and this time, it won't matter, they won't be able to stop us. It's inevitable, Sehz-Clar will fall, they will not be able to hold it for much longer.

Any push Scythe Seris thinks she has towards the people of Vechor and Etril is not going to work, Agrona is offering each family a lot of gold and rewards for handing over troops to him, and he has been giving them the serum to make them half-breeds. The armies that are currently at the border of Sehz-Clar are the weaker ones, but Agrona, Cecilia, Sylvie, and me are the only ones that know it.

Dragoth and Melzri were in a military camp in Vechor, dealing with the half-breed troops we already had, which numbered in the twenty thousand now. Every passing second there were more made, and sent there or to Etril, the families will not betray Agrona now, as they have been promised safety and rewards.

Even that Nithe and purple haired girl will not be able to stop the force that is preparing to attack, and I believe even if Grey comes over to help, they still won't be able to defend the attack. The Sovereigns are even preparing for war, not just with Seris, Grey, Virion, but with the asuras, it is only a matter of time before everything goes Agrona's way, that's why I need Grey to figure something out.

I was working on something in my room as well, an artifact I planned on handing over to Grey or Virion when I had the chance, most likely Grey, Virion was too similar to Agrona, I didn't feel comfortable trusting him. Right now, Cecilia thinks the device is for protection, a portable shield, but it is not, it's for her.

I turned down another hall, making my way towards the stairs that led to the basement, a place I was not always welcomed, but with less people here, there were less people to tell me no when I tried to go down there. That was one thing I noticed lately, the guards here didn't care for me, there were also less of them.

Cecilia wasn't down there, she was up on the roof, training in the rain, I could hear the storm going on outside, and yet, it didn't matter to her. She didn't want to lose again, Agrona has pushed her to this point, I have to, that's why she is constantly up there trying to get stronger and stronger. I also don't know if her memories are back, of Grey killing her, of our love, she doesn't talk about it.