Caera verse Nico

Caera Denoir

I stared up as Nithe and the Legacy began to fight, my heart was pounding, afraid, and that is when Scythe Nico turned to me. He started flying down towards me, holding some sort of staff, the mana around him was dancing. A ball of fire formed in front of him, and was shot at me, my eyes widened.

I brought my blade out and sliced the ball of fire in half, letting the spell disperse, then Nico was on me, a spike made from earth was conjured towards my chest, but I cut it down, then backed up into Seris's estates, looking at the Scythe who was nothing but another man my age. I have to remember Grey beating him with one swing of his sword, Nithe said he was weakened, so maybe I can compete with him.

"You were the girl who was traveling with Grey." Scythe Nico said, landing on the balcony, following me into the living room. I backed up, bringing soulfire forward, conjuring it all around me, getting ready to fight. "Stop, I don't want to kill you."

"W-what?" I asked questioningly, pointing my blade at him. "You are a Scythe, and you were going to kill Grey, why should I even believe a word that comes out of your mouth?" I got ready to push soulfire at him but added one more thing. "You legit just tried to kill me."

"I had to pretend to attack." Nico told me, raising his hands in the air, looking at me with what looked like truthful eyes. "If Cecil saw me not attacking you, she might have questioned me, so I had to act, you are fine, aren't you?"

"I am." I said, still pointing my sword at him. "But I don't care, you are our enemy." I shot at him, pushing aside any fear I was feeling, knowing very well that Nithe was fighting the Legacy above us. My sword shot through the air, soulfire covering it, just trying to inflict some damage so that I can push soulfire through his body.

He summoned a brick wall out of the floor, blocking my strike, then conjured a stream of water into my chest, knocking me back. I was still getting hit by the water, then I pushed soulfire out, and it started to dismantle the mana in the water. A stone spike shot at my chest, but I cut it down, then spun and cut down another one, backing up towards the hallway, looking at Nico standing there at the balcony.

"Stop!" Nico raised his hands, looking at me, still holding the staff. "I am telling you the truth; I am not here to kill you." I got into a battle stance, not believing him, even with his hands in the air. "I need your help."

"My help?" I asked, looking at him with a confused expression. "What could I do for you? And why would I do anything for you?" I took a step forward as the room around me shifted back to normal as he used earth magic to fix the room. "You attack Grey, you are a Scythe, you are the one that is in love with the Legacy." Nithe spoke a little about Scythe Nico, I had some questions for him, and he answered them.

"I was, I was mistaken." He told me. "I was being, it doesn't matter, all that matters is that I need you to deliver a message to him." I didn't know why he thought that I would do anything for him, but hearing the message couldn't hurt.

"What's the message?" I asked, looking at him, stepping closer to him, knowing that if I killed him, it would deliver a huge with for us against Agrona. "Be careful with what you say." Soulfire continued to dance all over my blade.

"I need you to tell him that he owes Cecilia a life, and that he can't kill her." He told me, and I shook my head, I should have known, what a stupid message, she was an enemy. I shot at him, the look of anger on my face, and my sword whiffed on him as he used wind magic to deflect me away. "Stop! He'll understand!"

"I don't care." I told him, my blade coming back towards his chest, he conjured another brick wall, stopping my attack, and I backed up towards the hallway once again. "This is ridiculous, you can either fight me, or leave, I am not giving any message to Grey from you."