The Shield Array

"Even without mana, I can take you all own." Sovereign Orlaeth said, and I just stared at his two heads, not caring for his threats. "You still are pathetic Lessers, and I don't even know who you are."

"That won't matter." I said as I stepped into the room. "Without mana, you won't last five minutes." The Sovereign spun Cylrit's blade in his hand, getting ready to defend himself, his second head that was not looking at me kept on looking back, making sure I didn't do anything he couldn't keep up with.

Seris's sword came down on him, but he deflected it, then I stepped and appeared in front of his one head, his eyes widened, and my blade darted across him, slicing his chest, causing blood to drip onto the ground.

Caera stood there, afraid, but her blade was lit up with black flames. Seris was thrown into the wall, and he snapped both heads towards me as I brought my blade up again, but it was deflected away, and his other hand came toward me. I side stepped his grasp with ease, then brought my sword back to me, deflecting his second strike away.

That was when Cylrit shot back into the room, attempting to tackling Sovereign, but was grabbed once again, however, before the Sovereign could do anything with him, my blade came up forcing him to drop the Retainer, then his blade was swung toward Cylrit's head.

The Retainer barely dodged the strike, so I jumped in front him, making sure he didn't die here, something my father asked of me. Our blades met again, then Seris jumped out of the wall, and back into battle.

I conjured another blade out of the ground right near Cylrit, and he picked it up, stepping to my side and swinging it at the Sovereign. The three blades crashed down on the Sovereign who did what he could to defend himself, he used Cylrit's blade to block my strike, his hand caught the blade Seris used, but was sliced down the chest by Cylrit.

"Damn you!" The Sovereign yelled, and that's when Caera's blade entered his back, going completely through him, blood rushed out of him as he slowed some more. "You filthy Lessers!" A powerful aura shot out of him, pushing the three of them back, but not me.

"You filthy asura." I said, smiling at him as I conjured another blade in my other hand, and started throwing attacks at him, backing him up towards Seris who was regathering herself after getting knocked back.

"Take his heads!" Seris said, and the two heads of the asuras scanned the room, trying to survive this, his one sight landed on the balcony, where he would be allowed to use mana. I was in his way though, if he wanted to do that, he would have to defeat me.

I kept pushing towards Seris, she brought her blade up, but was met with a hand that grabbed her wrist and held her in place. Cylrit and Caera joined in once again, swinging their blades down on the asura, but this time he was able to avoid the strikes of our attacks.

Caera was next to me now, Cylrit and Seris were on the other side of the asura, and the asura's blade swung through the air, cutting Cylrit right in the chest, dropping him to his knees on the ground below him.

Seris was next to him, but focused on attacking, then as the asura was going to kill Cylrit, my blade slit his wrist, causing him to drop his blade. The asura sent a kick into my stomach, knocking me down, then grabbed Seris by the throat and threw her into the ground, slicing her a little.

"Leave!" The one head ordered, but I got up, and spun both blades, ready to strike. "Get out of our way! You are betraying your own kind!" I laughed, aether flooded the room as I pushed it out of my feet, it entered everyone, and I started to heal them. "Aether? Yes, you are a Vritra and a Dragon, just like the High Sovereign's daughter."

"Good observation." I told him as my blades crashed down on him, knocking him back as he attempted to dodge them. "I am not betraying you; I don't even know you." I owed the asuran race nothing, I wasn't even a regular asura.