Back to It

Virion Leywin

I was now standing there, alone from everyone, allowing them to gather themselves before we left. The injured were being tended to, and the dead were getting placed together so we could come back and bury them another day, which probably won't happen.

The Eraliths and Arthur were over Elder Virion's body, Rinia was beside him. The Twin Horns were now up and about, helping where they could, Adam and Jasmine weren't moving super fast, but better than some.

My mother was still out cold, but she was going to be fine. Regis was carrying her on his back, Hades was within me, recovering from healing a lot of the people. Ellie was helping an elderly pair; my dad was with Regis with an awkward face on him.

'You should really be doing something?' Hades said to me. 'Also, I don't even see Gideon or Emily, I thought they were in this group?" I shrugged, I didn't look for the memories of who was in which group, I didn't care to be honest.

'I'll pass.' I told him, looking at my brother, his eyes met mine, and I gave him a head nod. 'I just want to leave, I know I just got here, but I need to go through the memories of the phoenix blood you got before everything went down.'

'You can't leave yet; we can also do that here.' Hades said to me, and I nodded to myself, knowing that was true. 'I can mix your blood with it right now if you want?'

'No.' I said, knowing it would take a toll on me. 'Not right now.' I gave Elder Virion's body one last look, then turned toward the exit, the stairs that led up to it empty. I wanted to bring Mawar here, or someone, but that wouldn't end well, they would question everything I was doing.

"Veer." I heard the voice of my brother call out to me as he started walking my way. I turned around, looking at him to see what he wanted. "I think we are about all ready, I don't like leaving the bodies, but we have to get out of here."

"Yeah." I answered him, shooting a look at our family, then back to him.

"What's wrong?" Arthur asked, looking at me with a weird expression. "You seem off."

"I'm fine." I told him, shrugging, thinking about Elder Virion for a split second, then looking at Arthur with a normal expression. "I'm just ready to get out of here." I wanted to see the Lances, that was another thing I wanted to do. I can't tell who is alive and who isn't, right now, I would say Aya was dead, and if that is the case, I'm going to be insanely pissed.

"Our saviors." An older woman said, shooting a bow, causing more and more people to bow to the two of us. "Thank you, Lance Arthur, Lance Virion." The people were starting to gather at the bottom of the stairs, looking for us to guide them, pretty much all of them were still crying to some extent.

"Without Commander Virion, who's going to lead us?" Someone called out with a teary voice, most likely an elf. "Lance Arthur, Lance Virion, please, help us, show us the way." I turned back to the stairs, ignoring the people, letting Arthur handle this.

"Don't look to us like that." Arthur told them. "We'll figure everything out when we can, for right now, our main task is getting out of here." He paused for a second, then went on. "A proper person will be placed in as Commander when the time is right."

The crowd got silent, and I felt a person I hated step up. "Lance Arthur is right, it's time to get out of here before anyone else shows up." King Glayder said, and I felt my hand twitch, but I continued looking up at the stairs. "The Commander will be mourned later, his feats will be acknowledged, but we should move out."

I started up the stairs, causing Arthur to follow me, then everyone joined us. Regis and our family were close by with the Twin Horns next to them, then behind them was the King and Queen of each Kingdom. The civilians in between us and the leftover soldiers in the back, but I knew that the asuras weren't going to send anyone else.