Second Invasion

Bairon Wykes

"Are you sure you are up for this?" I asked the Princess, looking at her as we walked through the halls of the palace. She wanted to come here and listen to the council meeting, her parents said that something was happening, and she wanted to hear it for herself.

"Yes, Bairon." She told me, and I nodded my head. "If there is talks about the Beast Glades and the Alacryans there, I need to hear it, and you should as well." Tessia was holding her stomach as we turned down a different hallway. "And since you were asked to protect me, the only way you would come here is if I showed up, so I had to."

"I could have been informed later." I told her, feeling a little bad. "You know they send us reports whenever there is a meeting, so being here isn't needed." She shrugged, and we turned again, revealing the two guards in front of the council room. "We could go back right now so nothing is too stressful on you."

"I'm fine, Bairon." She told me, insisting on going to this meeting, so I just nodded and continued forward, letting it go. "Let's just listen to what they have to say and see what they plan on doing."

"Alright." I told her, and as I did, the guards bowed and opened the door for us, letting us into the council room. The people inside saw us coming and stood up, inside were both Kings and Queens, my fellow Lance Mica, and Helen.

"Tess." The Queen said as the two made their way to their daughter to hug her, they have been here for the past two days, so they haven't seen her. As they began to speak to one another, Mica came my way, a Lance that I didn't like that much at the start but have grown close to.

"Bairon, you look fatter." Mica told me, examining my body.

"Thanks, Mica." I said, looking at her, shaking my head with a smirk on my face. "How's Darv doing?" I asked, knowing that the whole Kingdom was going through a complete remodel since most of the leaders were killed for siding with Alacrya.

"Good, the remodeling and new leaders have been appointed, it's all working out." She told me, but then shook her head as she thought about today. "It may be pointless though, with the incoming force, we are going to be at war for a second time."

"We'll figure it out." I assured her as we all took our seats, I took one in between King Glayder and Princess Tessia. I would have thought that Princess Kathyln and Prince Curtis would have been here, but I did hear that they were in Blackbend helping the people move out, so that our force could move in.

"We all know why we are here today." King Glayder started to speak from beside me. "And since Arthur isn't here, I'll take the lead." He stood up and started to speak to everyone in the room. "The Alacryans Arthur and Veer placed in the Beast Glades are heading our way, passing over the wall that was destroyed, heading towards Blackbend."

"We already got some of the people out, but there are more stranded there at the moment." King Eralith said, looking at the other King. "But the Alacyran army numbers in the five hundred thousand, heading into Sapin, and the force we would send there would only number around fifty." He paused for a second, then added. "Which might not be worth it."

"It isn't." I said, speaking up even though I told myself that I wasn't. "If we plan on sending fifty thousand troops to face an army that numbers close to half a million, it isn't worth it." King Eralith nodded his head, same with some others, but not King Glayder, my King.

"That would be the case, but where would we rather the battle be fought at, here in Etistin, or out there in Blackbend?" King Glayder asked, looking at me with what looked like anger, then looked around the room. "If they lose in Blackbend, it will give us time to prepare for the next attack."