Devil verse Aldir Pt. III

Virion Leywin

I dodged another strike, then another, his eyes darting around, tracking my movements, even as I dodged, trying to find any flaws in my movement. My sword came up, he deflected it, shot his spear to my throat, but I conjured a black spike in front of me which deflected it away.

I felt for the lava around us and flung some at him, conjuring black spikes in the process towards his chest, trying to impale him if I can. He stepped and appeared behind me, but I saw it coming, I spun around, and our blades and eyes met.

"So, where were you this entire time?" I asked, pushing my blade into his. "I really am curious, where is Mordain, I know he is alive and all, tell me, I would love to have a nice little chat with him."

"That does not matter, you will be too dead to speak to him." Aldir said, pushing me back as I tried to push him. "I think that it is true, one of us will die here, but it won't be me." I merely gave him an annoyed look.

He pulled his blade back, allowing me to stumble forward, then he swung his spear towards my back, but I liquified myself and allowed it to pass through me. I spun and swung my sword at his face, but he back stepped my attack, allowing my blade to go up into the air and pass him.

"Remember..." I dodged his spear, backing up onto lava. "...remember when we sparred so long ago, when you trained..." I dodged his spear again, and again, bringing my sword up once in a while to send an attack of my own, but he would dodge as well. "...when you trained Tessia and me, in the Floating Fortres?"

"Yes." He said, sending a kick into my chest, knocking me backwards, and as he did that, I could feel the fight between Chul and Ivy ending, my daughter and her magic seemed to have kicked his ass. "I should have killed you then."

"I was thinking the same thing." I said, blocking a strike from him, and the two of us shot around the lava filled crater, dodging attacks from the other, I held his core at bay, making sure mana was kept within him, he dodged black spikes when he had to. "Hahahaa."

This was so much fun, letting my spells free, sending them at him, knowing there were no consequences, the only thing I could lose was his life, and to me, in this moment, I didn't care, of course, I would care when the adrenaline faded, but fuck it.

We continued fighting, one on one, exchanging blow after blow, his speed not faltering, mine not either. I grew spikes out of the ground trying to puncture a leg or two, slowing his movements, but he simply dodged each one with ease.

He spun around as I was chasing him, bringing his spear to my face and slicing my eye, I could feel his blade hit it, and it felt like something popped, but I didn't care, I kept going, feeling my left eye filling with blood as I could no longer see anything out of it.

My blade sliced his wrist, then I dodged his spear, rolling away from it and freezing the lava below. I got to my feet, brought my sword up, deflected his spear, sent a kick into his gut, but he caught my leg and brought his elbow down on my knee.

I liquified myself, allowing him to pass through it, reformed as he moved to my side, then sent my sword into his chest as he fell forward towards me. I felt it enter his stomach and leave his back, and his third eye looked at me in horror, feeling the blood rolling down his chest. I still couldn't see out of my left eye which kind of worried me, but I'll deal with that after I take Aldir down.

He reached up with his free hand, attempting to grab my throat, but I liquified, releasing my sword and allowing it to disperse. I reformed, backing away from him as he stumbled back, holding his wound, the blood was already all over his hand.