Ivy verse Chul

Ivy Leywin

I tackled this phoenix through the sky, his eyes staring into mine as we landed on the ground together, rolling as I conjured a void dagger in my hand. I went to stab him in his chest, but fire shot out of him, forcing me to release him, and roll away and onto my feet.

"Phoenix." I said, looking at him as orange fire danced around him. "You can't defeat me; I suggest running away now while you still have a life to claim on to." I released the void dagger, letting it disperse into the air.

"Hah." He made a slight laughing noise. "I wouldn't be so quick to say that, you are a fake asura, not the real deal." As he spoke to me, acidic air started to surround me. "You and your father will die today."

"Don't joke." I said, stepping towards him, letting the acidic air follow me as I started feeling for the mana underneath the ground. "I may be a fake asura, but I assure you that my power is no different."

Vines started pouring out of the burnt ground, shooting at the phoenix, and as he watched them heading his way, the first that blazed around him shot at them, burning the vines to ash. I shot kept growing them, more and more shot at him as I continued to walk his way. I started growing vines from behind him, circling him completely with vines, and as I got about five yards from him, I prepared to launch into him.

Vines grew out of my skin and surrounded my arms, it was time to finally use my abilities, no need to hide them out here in the open, there was no one here that mattered. As fire burnt and repelled the vines around this phoenix, I shot into them, moving swiftly through my vines, and appearing before him.

I swung my hand and a vine extended out of it, shooting at him, a fire sword blazed to life as he swung his hand up and cut it down before it reached him. I pushed the acidic air around me into his flesh as I swung my other hand and shot another vine at his chest.

His mana barrier protected him from the acid, but his flames started to die out as I mixed aether into the acid. "W-what?" He said, feeling his power going out as my countless vines that surrounded us swallowed him whole, cutting into his skin, leaving gash after gash.

As I stood about a yard from him, watching and feeling each cut, fire pushed through my spell as he screamed in anger, pushing his mana out, burning all the vines around him, but before it reached me, I encased myself in vines that took the brunt of the attack.

I stepped out of the vines that surrounded me, and they crumbled to the ground from being charred by their flames. "You can use aether, I felt it, you are, you aren't a Dragon?" He said, backing up, conjuring more flames as my vines stopped, trying to protect himself. "What type of asura are you? Vritra, I thought."

"Somewhat." I told him, smirking as I stopped moving. "And who might you be?" I asked, not really knowing who this pathetic asura was. "Ehh, never mind, I don't really care." His wounds weren't healing fast, I could still see the cuts I left on him, there were a lot of them, the acid eating away from any mana source he pushes to heal it. "You aren't an asura worth knowing."

"You better remember those words, because I'm going to feed them right back to you!" He said in anger, fire blazing out of his skin, his hairs smoking. "I'll fulfill my duty and kill you right here and now!"

I just shook my head as I lifted my hands, and hundreds of vines shot out around me, around us, and his eyes widened. "Please, enlighten me, how do you plan on killing me?" I asked, pushing the vines at him, and like a wave, they shot at him, his fire pushing outwards to meet my vines.

I reached my hands into the ground, pushing the vines that connected with them through the ground towards him. I sense for his figure as they travelled through the ground, and as they got closer, they shot up and gripped his ankles.