Ally

Arthur Leywin

It's been a week since everything went down with Veer and Damon, everyone's been dealing with it in their own ways. I've been trying to figure everything out, what I should do, but it's been hard. This wasn't the first time he's done something like this, however, this time it feels like he is actually an enemy.

My mother has not left her room since hearing the news, she was distraught when she heard about what Veer was doing. It hurt to watch, her tears, Ellie said this was exactly what happened before. I just don't think she'll get over this, even with all the love and support, I don't think this is something she, no, we can recover from quickly.

My father had done whatever he could to help her, but there wasn't much he could do to make her happy. Ellie did the same, but she was sad as well, a little confused, but she spent most of her days at the Academy trying to figure out everything alongside me.

The Lances and everybody else didn't know how to react, some were sad, confused, shocked, and so much more. It was hard to wrap your mind around, but since I was the Regent, now Commander of Dicathen, leader of the continent, I needed to focus. I tried to stay focused at all times, it was almost impossible though with everything going on.

Regis, who has been helpful through all of this, has been helping me figure out who we can trust and can't. The only issue was, we haven't found a single person under Virion's mind slave spell, we don't know what we are looking for. Nico had his memories erased or played with, we could see that, but there was no mind slave spell. We had no clue what we were looking for, and to be honest, I was afraid to know who he was controlling.

It was nice to speak to Nico, it was weird, hearing him like this, seeing him like this, but it was nice. I felt bad about locking him up, it was needed though, I still didn't know if we could trust him or not. So far, I believe we can, but he has tried and killed so many people, people of Dicathen, so we needed more time to trust and let him free.

He knows about everything, he knows that Cecilia killed herself, she told him, and now it appears that his hatred for me is gone, or somewhat gone. I could still see hints of it at times when speaking about the subject.

"You good?" Regis asked, standing beside me as the two of us stood outside on a balcony near Xyrus Academy. "You seem lost in thought." He said, and I nodded my head, I was, I was thinking about Veer and everyone.

"Yeah, I feel like we should be doing something, but I don't know what." I said, turning to him as I felt Caera heading this way, she was within the hallway that led to where we were. "There's Veer, who knows what he is up to, there is his mind slave spell. Agrona, I'm sure he is planning something over there. The Djinn said that someone had already found the other keystone, but how are we supposed to even get it." I paused, looking at my bond who was wide eyed to my side. "I just don't know."

"I can tell." He told me, speaking in a joking tone. "Let's just figure out what we are going to do with Nico first." Regis was right, I still didn't know what to do with him, Veer and him said that at some point, I would have to return him to Alacrya, but I didn't know when I would do that yet. "The longer you hold him here, the angrier Cecilia will get, and then that will lead to her, you know, killing a lot of people for Agrona's sake."

"I know, I know." I said, waving it off. "I'm just, well, talking with him this past week has brought forth so many memories, and feelings, that I haven't really thought about how to get him back, let alone what to do with him. He can't talk Cecilia out of anything, he told me that, and he said he would side with her no matter what, no matter his hatred for me, so I don't know."

"It seems pretty simple to me." Regis said, looking at me. "We are going to have to just give him back to Cecilia, delay a little time, like Nico and Veer said, the longer he is here, yes the angrier Cecilia gets, but the safer the people of Sehz-Clar are."