Chapter 196

Day 2 of Operation catch lil'Pauker wasn't going so well. I couldn't help but laugh, after Dar'kes encounter. Hopper had been a cocky ass  yesterday, saying that he would catch it. He ended up getting sprayed 4 times.

Poor Ceillia an Kiki have been living in the kitchen as the smell makes her retch so much! I had to do Ooman training class without Hopper that day. As none of the crew could stand to be near him.

I was merciful as I had sent Dee an Fa'tae up with the tomato juice, vinegar, lemon juice, soap an towels. However even after treatment he still stunk to high hell. An Hoppers present now sent most yautja running in the opposite direction.

However the worrisome situation was because of Hoppers anger an raging in the docks. It had sent Lil'Pauker into the vents. An because it was so small, it hard to detect where it heading.

Dar'ke was leaving it up to others to deal with. His vendetta against lil'Pauker had cooled, he was leaving it up to Hopper an a few of the young ones to look after for now.

Lu'Nye, Dee an Fa'tae were originally suppose to help Hopper however as Hopper was removed from normal duties. They were to cover his shift now. I remember Lu'Nye looking particularly relieved at that order from Dar'ke.

Dar'ke still had a faint odor on him, it made the pups gag when they went to hug him. OldOne had forbidden anyone who has been sprayed from entering the kitchen. He said it was for safety reasons...honestly I think he has a sensitive sense of smell.

Singh was down helping in the kitchen he took over stew duties as I helped with more gizzard prep an clean up duties. I hadn't realized that Lu'Nye had become the ghost kitchen helper. With him doing other duties it was a bit if a surprise to see how much he was doing.

I planned to make him a special snack pack as a gift for all of his hard work. The pups were excited as they were helping to make it as well. Mind you the trio wanted to help look for Lil'Pauker aka new name is now gonna be 'Stinky' as Ooma shouldn't swear.

Sha'On was particularly interested in wanting to capture it an make it a pet. I told him having a pet is a big responsibility an that we should wait a little bit....

Sha'On looked so sad after that, I had to hug him an give him extra cuddles! That seemed to cheer him up, mind you I don't think that put the idea completely out of his head. Given the pups history...I would say there may be a 50% chance that they would try something...

After washing up the last of the cutting boards, I go an check on the fruits. The apple chips had been a huge success with everyone, so today it was berry mix!

The pups were chittering happily about something. My mommy senses were tingling. That's when Jay'Ve came up an tugged at my skirt gently.

"Ooma...can we have a snack?" Jay'Ve asks me innocently...

Alright, I will play along. "Sure sweety. What would you three like to have?" I ask him as I gently pet his head Crest. He let's out a little purr..

"Umm...meat an berries?" He asks me, while being a little sheepish.

I look over to the little table that Kiki an Sha'On are sitting at. It looks like Sha'On is holding on to something under the short table. He looks away as soon as our eyes met...Kiki keeps her eyes locked onto the table top.

Oh these cheeky babies! I get out the berries an some boiled lightly salted chicken out of my inventory an I make 4 servings up into different bowls. The pups notice this an look at one another guiltily.

The others aren't paying attention as it's a meal time an they are getting food out to the main hall. "Now pups, if you think you are pulling something sneaky. I will warn you that its not something you should do. I will give you one chance to fess up. If you do so I will help you out. If not you an your new, Friend will be punished if you are caught by others..." I say to them firmly but supportive.