Chapter 213

I come to the docking area an I see Clan leader Dar'ke just standing there. I look at him an see that the ships are already...Gone??? Pauk!

"Zak you're still here?" Dar'ke asks me.

"I got held up in the kitchen by OldOne. Uh...so I guess I will return to the kitchen then." I say to him. I was not looking forward from getting a lecture about missing the ship departing.

"Tell OldOne I wanted to keep you here as Crash is under room confinement for in fighting with Hopper." Dar'ke says to me.

Whew! I have a good excuse then! "Thank you clan leader Dar'ke!" I say to him.

I quickly exit the docking area, before I head to the kitchen I stop by the pit to see if I can find Zu'ko. The Pups had given me something called meat sticks. It was grilled meat on small skewers, it was sweet, salty an had a lingering heat that would stay in your mouth an throat.

He wasn't in his pod, so I look around. There is usually a quiet place that is hard to reach if you don't know about it. I head up there quietly however before I surprise Zu'ko I hear him talking...

"The gas will be near the Ooman base we are heading to next?" I hear Zu'ko say.

"Yes get the gas an keep it hidden! Alexi can't storm the ship if they are still awake!" The voice said on the transmission line. I knew this voice well it was WarAxe! That Fool had betrayed Bru'tae once before. I felt my hearts sink as I realize what this means.

"It will just knock them out right? It won't kill them..." I hear Zu'ko ask WarAxe.

I heard WarAxe Sigh with frustration "Wouldn't really matter if it killed them as they are all going to die anyways!" WarAxe growled in annoyance at Zu'ko. "If you want to see your sister alive again you will do as I tell you to!" He shouted at Zu'ko.

After the transmission I heard Zu'ko weeping softly. I felt torn, I wanted to shake him an ask why he was being so stupid for being manipulated! On the other side I knew these awful tactics WarAxe was using on Zu'ko, it was just like what Bru'tae use to do all the time.

What we needed was more information! It made sense the way Chris looked at Zu'ko earlier. She probably knows, if she does then Dar'ke, Crash an Hopper have an idea what going on. The reason they haven't confronted Zu'ko is that there are others watching him, an...Oh Paya they are giving Zu'ko a chance!

Chris's words earlier for Zu'ko to come talk to her after he regained his 'True' Honor. That was her way of reaching out to him! Pauk, As much as I care for Zu'ko...he is as dumb as a gizzard...maybe more dumber then a gizzard. This probably sailed right over his head!

This had to be Zu'Kos choice, maybe I can push him back on to the true honor path. I hear his weeping turning into sobs. I couldn't let him be alone right now.

I let off a chatter, an give him a wave as I turn the corner. I see him try to stifle his tears. He is trying to hide away from me. "Zak...? I thought you were going back down to get more stuff..." he said to me with a thick emotional voice.

"Yeah well, Crash an Hopper had a fight an Dar'ke confined Crash to his room for the next 3 days. OldOne is gonna help out on the bridge so I am needed for the kitchen. Hey you look pretty upset? Are the others picking on you again?" I ask him as I come closer I reach out an give him a hug. Zu'ko shakes his head no. But he hugs me back an sobs so hard his body is shaking mine.

It takes him a few minutes to calm down. We both sit on the floor, I put his head against my chest, as I stroke his head crest, I purr at him softly. Usually other males hated to be comforted by another male. I had gotten hurt many times that way, as well as assaulted as another form for their comfort...